Chapter 16

We arrive back to my house. We'd tell my mom the good news and head back to Cece's house. She got a call from her parents saying they'd be back later than sooner. So she demanded that we all stay another night. Plus I need more underwear. 

We reach the front door and I see my mom's car parked in the driveway. Okay here it goes. I'm feeling nervous. Alec probably suspects so he takes my hand and gives it a light squeeze.

I open the door and my mom is reading a magazine while drinking her milk tea. "Hi honey." She greets me and gives me a hug. Then her eyes stray to Alec. "Hi Alec, it's good to see you." She says looking at me curiously.

I clear my throat. "Um mom. So you know how I'm like technically 18 right?" She just nods her head with a weird expression. "So now it's probably a good age to get a boyfriend right?" She nods her head again ad cross her arms over her chest, this time with an amused expression. "Okay well Alec asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes." I rush out.

Silence.

Then she pulls me into a tight hug. "I'm so happy. Finally you have someone you can talk to so you don't have to bother me everyday." She says happily. Then she turns to Alec and gives him a once over. "As long as you do not break my daughter's heart, I give my consent." She says and hugs him to.  Phew, I thought she'd be a bit for strict. But then again she's my mom so.

"Thank you Ms. Hill." Alec says with a genuine smile.

"Please, call me Heather." My mom says. Alec nods in response. "Or even better you can call me mom." She suggests.

"No." I quickly butt in. Okay now she's pushing it. She rolls her eye playfully.

"So what're you kids up to?" She questions as she goes back to the kitchen counter and sips her drink. 

"Cece said she wants us to stay another night. Can we? I'm just here to grab more clothes." I say and my mom nods in agreement.

♡☺︎♡

We arrive back to Cece;s house. Now finally to tell these guys here. I'm not sure if Alec is planning on telling his family soon, I mean I haven't even met his family yet.

"We're home!" I yell and cladders of feet run through the living room. "Woah, you guys okay?" I question laughing at their sweaty selves.

"We were just playing pool. And things got a little out of control. Ahem." Cece coughs and gives Zach a pointed look. He raises his hands in surrender.

"Not my fault you were the one seducing Diego on missing." He shrugs.

She gasps. "I was not!"

"Was to!"

"Was not!"

"Shut up!" Everyone stops talking and looks at Alec and me. "Briar and I are dating so if anyone touches her then I'll break you nose." Alec says seriously. He doesn't mean it. Actually from the look he gives everyone, I'm pretty sure he most definitely means it.

Then Cece screams and jumps on my. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Aaaahhhh!" She screams again.

Diego takes her off me and now I can finally breathe again. "Congrats." Diego says and does this bro hug thing with Alec.

"Aww man. I really thought Briar had something for me." Mason says fake getting hurt.

"Aww, I would never." I say sarcastically. But I meant it. 

"Ouch Bri, that hurt." He says and clutches his heart. 

♡☺︎♡

"So where'd you guys go?" Cece asks me once we are alone. The guys decided to go down the play pool. 

"Well Alec took me to a beach bar. His friend actually works there. We chatted for a bit then he took me to the deck. And he pulled out this necklace and asked me to be his girlfriend." I reply with a smile, remembering the moment.

"Aww that's so cute. I remember when Diego asked me to be his girlfriend. We went to this amusement park and I was eating a hot dog, and written on it in ketchup was the word 'girlfriend' and a question mark. Then I looked up and saw he was holding a bunch of cotton candy in the shape of roses." She says and touches her heart at the memory.

I gotta give Diego credit to that. That was actually pretty cute.

The guys come out of the basement. Half with sad faces and half with proud smiles on plastered on them. "What's gotten into you?" Cece calls out. 

"Yeah, why the long faces?" I ask the guys who look like they just got dumped by their imaginary girlfriends. 

"Alec and Diego beat us, so now we have to drink a whole shot of sriracha."

"Ooooh. Good luck ha!" Cece laughs. 

"Shut up." Aaron says grumpily. Diego slaps his head.

"Don't tell my girlfriend to shut up." He says with a stern voice.

Alec poors the sriracha in shot cups for each of them. They take it in their hands and already look like they might throw up.

"Do we have to?" Mason whines. Diego and Alec nod with evil grins on their faces.

"Hole on lemme grab my phone." Cece says and rushes to her purse and grabs her phone. "Okay go." She says with also an evil grin.

They all take the shot. "Mm not bad......oh....wait never.....nevermind......milk!" Mason shouts and opens the fridge and downs the whole thing from the carton.

"You're buying me new milk!" Cece shouts. Zach rushes to the sink and literally licks the water. Aaron grabs the milk carton after Mason and drinks from the same thing, milk dripping down their shirts.

"That's so gross." Cece says with the same smile and still recording on her phone.

♡☺︎♡

"I'm dirty." I say laughing while Alec tickles me to death. I slip off the bed and land on a thump onto the floor. "Ugh now the bed is dirty because you tackled me onto it with these clothes." I say with a pout.

He grabs my chin and kisses me on the lips. He rubs his thumb across my lower lip. "Don't pout." He says and kisses me once again. 

"I'm going to shower." I say and get up. I hear him shuffle on the floor before his voice comes from right behind me.

"I'm coming too." He says. I turn around and look at him.

"What? No you shower after me." I say and enter the bathroom. He's right behind me so I playfully push him away. Which did nothing considering his muscles.

"Or....we could shower together." He suggests and shoves us both inside, locking the door behind us.

♡☺︎♡