ch.11

chapter eleven - sick roses

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"See you after filming?" Renjun asked, leading Aeri to her dressing room where her other band mates were situated. He swiftly opened the door for her, and pressed a chaste kiss onto her cheek after she nodded 'yes' to his question. "Good luck, angel,"

Fever Dream's eyes turned towards the couple and watched the scene play out— Renjun leaving soon after.

Aeri tightened her grip onto the bouquet of roses he bought her and shyly closed the door behind her. A chorus of 'ooo's and teasings filtered out of the men's mouths, all except one.

The brunette traveled towards the back couch, passing a playful Donghyuck and Jaemin, and nearing Jisung who sat with his arms crossed.

"Did he finally sweep you off your feet?" Her best friends cooed, patting her shoulder happily. "Renjun got you those flowers too? Wow, he's more of a gentleman than I thought,"

"Yeah, well he's good to me," Jisung couldn't hold in his scoff.

Aeri turned towards him, brows furrowed in bewilderment. "What?" Jisung stood up from his seat, going to move away, but the girl stepped in front of him. "What? You obviously have something to say, so spit it out,"

Cockily, he looked down at her— his hooded eyes gazed at the bouquet in her hands through his dirty blonde locks.

Before he could utter a word out, the production camera crew barged in. An interviewer was right besides a camera man, an eager look on his face, and a large microphone in hand.

Taking quick action, Donghyuck and Jaemin stepped up to speak, distracting the group— hoping they would not catch the brooding pair in the back.

And despite the three cameras that filmed, Jisung and Aeri stood in front of one another, eyes glaring into the other's. Jisung tsked once again, eyeing her up and down, noticing the light smudge of lipstick on her lips, and the slightly tousled collar of her shirt .

"you don't even like roses," he whispered— he didn't expect her to hear him, especially since the interviewer's voice projected loudly, but to his dismay, she did.

"you don't know that," she countered softly, in case the microphone was close and catching their conversation. her tone sounded unsure as if convino herself more than him.

"i do know because you find them tacky and cliche," he countered, almost proud that he had remembered such information.

For a second, Aeri couldn't hide the surprise on her face, but quickly she had gained composure. "Everyone thinks that,"

Jisung's eyes narrowed as he continued to gaze at her intently. "Your mother loves roses,"

The brunette woman felt her throat close, and her heart drop. She grabbed ahold of his wrist in her free palm, fingers engraving a mold onto his skin as a warning. "Don't talk about my mother as if she's still here,"

Before the male could retaliate with a remark, the interviewer's booming voice had finally brought them back to their surroundings.

"Thank you for your time! Good luck on stage!" He cheered, holding his fist up encouragingly before ushering the crew and himself out of the room.

The rest of their band mates had turned, letting out a sigh of relief, but their relaxed postures stiffened once meeting the pair.

"Were you guys arguing again?" Mark deadpanned, ignoring how Aeri quickly let go of Jisung's wrist— turning to face them.

"We were quiet," Jisung answered blatantly.

"Yeah, we luckily couldn't hear you guys. You two better hope it doesn't show on camera. Now everyone change into your stage outfits,"

. . .

sorry for the short chapter, i just wanted to push one more chapter out before i take a break for my finals.