32. Crossing Each Other and Their True Intentions

A/N : HEY HEY HEY! I JUST WANT TO INFORM Y'ALL THAT THIS STORY WILL LAST UP TO CHAPTER 35 WHICH IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY  HUHU~ ANYWAYS THIS WILL BE THE LAST MASS UPDATE THIS STORY WILL BE GETTING! THE ENDING IS NEAR!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!~

Although upset, I decided to be honest about everything. First and foremost, I had to apologize. Afterwards, I'd confess my love to Philip.

I slowly nodded.

Philip's eyes widened immensely.

"...Everything, from the very beginning..."

"I'm sorry for telling such a terrible lie."

"...!"

His face was full of agony—it was as if the world had ended. Merely seeing him made my heart feel like it was being torn.

At first, I just wanted to break off our engagement because I thought none of us were in agreement for it.

I wasn't even aware that Philip had always loved me. I also never imagined I'd end up falling for him.

Philip, who retreated a few steps, went straight to a table that had been prepared near the entrance.

"Phil...?"

For some reason, Philip picked up the big empty ice bucket that was on it.

Then, for some reason, he put it on his head.

"..."

"..."

"..."

His out-of-nowhere action made us all freeze in place.

I had been surprised by Philip's mysterious behavior many times, but at that moment, I truly failed to understand.

I couldn't think of a single reason why anyone would wear an ice bucket in that situation.

I was upset by the unclear development but gradually calmed down.

"Philip, why are you wearing that...?"

Because of the tension in the room, no one could say anything. It was Rex who broke the tense atmosphere.

"...I can't face Viola."

Philip's voice was fleeting as he answered.

Also, that came out of nowhere...

Rex burst out laughing.

"Give me a break! My stomach hurts! That's your reason? This reminds me of the reason I like you so much, Philip!"

As if finding it unbearable, Rex couldn't stop laughing.

If I truly loved Philip, I had to chase after him.

Certainly, when I thought of the lies Philip had uttered so far, it was obvious why he was uncomfortable. I felt embarrassed and wanted to die—still...

"Phil, I'm truly sorry. Please, listen to me."

When I called out to him, Philip's body bounced in an astonishing manner.

Because of that, he accidentally hit his head. There was a dull sound from the ice bucket.

"...It's alright, already. I'm truly sorry."