29: The Guy Wearing Baggy Shorts And Sando

When Aeiou opened the door, there was someone standing outside.

Her eyes were swollen and her arms were wrapped around her stomach. She was shaking and her eyes widened in dismay.

Aeiou froze on his spot and his voice trembled. "M-mariah?"

Stepping twice to the back,  fear spread on Mariah's face like wildfire. "I-I'm s-sorry." Her lips trembled. "I didn't mean to slap you..."

"Don't worry. Zed's not here."

Consequently, Mariah closed her eyes and let out a breath of relief. However,  her hands were still shaking when she pointed at Aeiou and spoke again, "C-can I g-go in?  

Aeiou sighed and stepped to the side. "Yes. I also want to talk about something with you."

Mariah gulped. "W-what is it?"

Aeiou took a deep breath. "This is too much to ask and this is bad too, but please, I'm begging you, don't report what Zed did to you."

"What?"

Aeiou nodded. He was a master of words yet this time he didn't know how to ask this one thing. "I know it's crazy..."

"Do you think I'm like you?" A voice interrupted, almost spatting back. Mariah's expression changed from ghastly pale to pitch black, as if she was angry. She snickered loudly and crossed her arms. "I will not hurt Zed like that." She was instantly rude.  It was obvious that unlike Zed, Aeiou wouldn't hurt anyone out of small conflicts, so Mariah spoke rudely to him. "I will not let Zed get kicked out of this school. If that happens my chances of sleeping with him again will be gone."

Aeiou squinted. So she don't want Zed to get kicked out... because they wanted to sleep with him? So there's no problem here anymore. Great! I should leave. 

But somehow, almost unconsciously, knuckles cracked and a voice spat back to Mariah out of the blue, "Do not objectify Zed." It was sudden and almost fierce. 

"Oh, so you now care for him?"

Aeiou realized that he was the one who spoke those words. He shook his head and schooled himself. "We're brothers now. Of course I'll care for him."

"You're just going to use him."

"Not anymore."  Aeiou let out a sigh and put his hands inside his pockets. "Since you're not reporting him, I'll go." He came from almost begging Mariah not to report Zed to I-don't-want-to-fuck-with-you-anymore-feeling.

Aeiou circled around Mariah. He walked gingerly when a voice chuckled behind him. 

"You're copying his manners, walking away coldly and putting the hand inside the pockets. You're insecure of Zed obviously. He's rich, handsome, and a better man. You'd never be like him."

Aeiou turned his head to the back. This girl need to be taught a lesson. "You're right. Maybe I am not as handsome as Zed, but listen, you should be insecure of me."

Mariah scoffed. "What for?"

Aeiou raised one finger close to his lips and whispered loudly, "Isn't it weird why Zed changed his attitude towards me? The truth is Zed kissed me deeply last Friday night and said he never kissed anyone that hard before. Hahaha... You can ask him if it's true. I'm pretty sure you also heard what he said this morning. At the end of the day, I'm the one  Zed ought to protect, the one he kissed once but came back the next morning to hug in front of everyone, I'm the one every girls like you wanted to be. So I'm the one you should be insecure of." Aeiou winked at Mariah. "Keep up... No. Just don't bother at this point. I won his heart. It's over." He turned back and walked gingerly while smiling.