"Wipe that shock and act."

EVA'S DRESS FOR RECEPTION PARTY^

EVA'S P.O.V

You know there are some moments when you just want to leave everything you are doing or rather trying to do, bury your face in the pillow and go to sleep - I am currently having that moment. I just want to pull my own hair, scratch the faces of the two women standing beside me doing my hair and then punch the lady who is trying to put layers of makeup on my face. Like seriously

Okay don't be confused. Let me rewind the last two-surprising-frustrating-ignorant-days.

I woke up with Mr. Apathetic sleeping on the same bed as me. After my endless rant and his ignorant personality, I managed to know that he was there because Jennifer came in the room. I tried to reason that he could have woken me up-only to notice that he had already left for office.

Then the whole day he didn't talk to me as he was in the office. Then at night when he came home, Jennifer told us that she has to go for a sleepover at her friend's because after which she would go back to the 'original home' next day as Ace's dad was home. 

So thankfully I didn't have to sleep with Ace and I slept peacefully in my room the last two nights.

Also Ace didn't talk to me after that morning and thus we are back to our normal - ignoring each other.

So yeah, here I am today 'getting ready' for the reception party tonight.

Mind you, the meaning of getting ready here is - putting layers of makeup until your original face can't be seen and pulling of your hair from different directions as the ladies hired by Jennifer try to make some classy hairstyle.

Now the make up artists are getting under my nerves, I thought. So using all the patience I could muster I told them - "Please keep the make up minimal. I have allergy from excess makeup."

They just nodded at me and I smiled. I don't have allergy of course, but that's the best excuse I could think of.

After half an hour, I was finally ready. I looked at the mirror only to see how beautiful I looked. My caramel locks were curled and placed at one side with a beautiful silver plates hair brooch holding the hair. The make up was not too much, just a thick eye liner with silver eyeshadow highlighting my blue eyes, soft pink lipstick and a little blush. The shining silver earring with pink pearls were looking outstanding. But my dress was something I liked the most. It was a full length mermaid gown of the lightest shade of pink, with lace work and then flowing frills at bottom. The best thing about it was the exquisite pearl work at the neckline and the shimmering work done on the dress. It was utterly beautiful!

I thanked the ladies for giving me such an amazing look and then went down with my clutch to see if Ace was downstairs or not

It was really hard walking down the stairs with the monstrous heels that I was wearing but I somehow managed to get down. But as soon as my eyes found its way to the end of the stairs, a gasp escaped my mouth. There he was, looking as handsome as ever by flaunting his black tux. Ace's hair was gelled to perfection while some strands escaped and cascaded down his forehead but instead of appearing ugly, the messiness made him look even more hot. He was talking to someone because he had the Bluetooth speaker in his left ear while one of hands was holding the phone and the other hand was in his pocket.