18: Afternoon Visitors

Yo. Don't have really much to say other than that I hope you like the new chapter and I'm sorry for being so late. I'm going to try and bring this book to a close because it's already longer than I intended and I'm not planning on writing another story arc, but I'm really happy with how this book turned out. Thank you all for your support!

The time was around 5:45, and Midoriya had long since returned to his dorm and finished his homework. He was now sitting on his bed, lifting a weight with one hand for training. Doing this cleared his mind of past issues and gave him time to think of the present. He'd already taken a shower, washed off the makeup and hair dye, and put on his normal casual clothes. He would be incredibly happy with the past 2 day's events if it weren't for one thing lingering on his mind. A blonde, and not the one in his class.

The situation with Monoma was worrying him more than he would like to admit. Well, maybe not worry, more just offsetting him. He didn't see a way out of this increasingly strange situation, other than just telling a teacher about it. He didn't see the point in that though, as his behavior wasn't dangerous, more just annoying. Plus, it was beyond the staff's concern in his opinion. He didn't want to bother anybody.

Midoriya switched the weight to his other hand before deciding to head down to the common area with it. He didn't see any good things coming from just sitting alone with his thoughts. He wanted to talk to his friends, even if he was sad Shinsou wasn't there to join them.

Walking into the large room he saw almost all of his classmates doing various tasks and chores around it. Bakugo was cooking was he assumed was a large dinner, and it smelled good, Kaminari was begrudgingly washing the dishes that he hadn't done the day prior, and Ojiro and a few others were being nice and sweeping the floors and washing the windows.

He didn't spot anybody in his close circle at first before he finally saw Uraraka sitting at one of the back couches. He smiled and made his way over to her.

She didn't notice him until he sat down.

"Hey, Uraraka." He said. She looked up, a bit startled that she hadn't heard him.

"Jeez Deku, Aizawa was right. Your stealth is getting a lot better!" She laughed.

He giggled a bit before talking. "So why is everyone cleaning?" Midoriya asked. "It doesn't usually happen all at once like this."

"Aizawa came in and told us that we had a few guests coming over and that he wanted the common room to look presentable." She explained.

"Oh," he responded simply. "Did he say who it was?"

"No, but he said that they'd be here around six and that a few of them were going along with the whole Halloween thing," Uraraka answered.

"Really? Who outside of UA would be willing to do that in public?"

"Well it might not be someone outside UA " came a voice from behind him. Midoriya turned around and standing above him was Iida, smiling at them. He pulled a chair out and sat with them.

"I apologize for not joining you sooner, but I was tasked with cleaning the municipal dorm bathrooms." He explained, taking off a pair of latex gloves and throwing them into a nearby trashcan.

"Tough." Uraraka sweated.

"Not much actually. It was very clean! I am very proud of everyone's cleanliness!"

"Anyways," Midoriya cut in, diverting the subject back. "What did you mean about it not being someone outside UA?"

Iida cleared his throat, choosing to move past the interruption. "Yes. What I was saying was that there are many people here that could potentially visit us, such as class 1B." He explained.