Aaron. Part One

I don't remember much, I remember we fought for our lives more than ever before last night. I don't remember falling asleep with everybody piled around me. I didn't mind though.

I wasn't lying down on the group completely and I could tell. I looked over and could see I was lying on Carl's chest while he had his arm wrapped around me like I wasn't supposed to go anywhere. To be honest, I didn't want to. I like this.

I could see daryl sitting against the stable door, with his crossbow. He looked really off, like he hadn't slept all night. That wasn't anything abnormal. In those 3 weeks we all maybe got 4 days of sleep. Not even good, might I add.

I wanted to talk to him, even if he didn't want the same. I slowly inched myself out of Carl's arm so I wouldn't wake him up, and walked on over to daryl.

"Have you been up all night?" I asked yawning, and sitting down in front of him.

"All night." He said, and I said "you should get some rest now, I can take watch."

"Even if I was dead tired, I couldn't let just you take watch."

"Daryl, I'll be fine honestly." I told him, and he looked at me.

"Everything you said yesterday about Beth and Carol.. You were right." He said, and my eyes weren't widen with surprise, because I know I was. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

"It's not forbidden to care about somebody Daryl." I told him, setting my hand on his, and rubbed the top of his hand with thumb to comfort him.

"Yeah, but it just hurts." He said, and shut his eyes.

He wanted to rest and I wouldn't take that from him. I wouldn't knock him for caring either. He cared for Sophia, he cared for Merle, he cared for Beth. He cares for Carol. He was like an onion, you have to peel him back a layer at a time.

About 15 minutes had passed, and the whole group was finally all up. Daryl had taken a 10 minute nap which was some how good for him, I guess.

"I forgot I'd even had this, but I found this for you in one of the cars. The baseball styled tee you're wearing has to go." I told carl, and handed him another one I'd found.

"What? Is a sweat drenched one not attractive?" He asked,came closer to me, and pulled me closer to him by my waist.

"Nice attempt at being cute, but back off sweats." I told him, and walked away so he could change his shirt.

He peeled it off his torso and tossed it aside, and okay yeah I had the urge to look. I did, and I don't regret it. I mean he doesn't lift weights, so I'm trying to understand how he is getting so built.

"Well, are you just going to stare?" Carl asked, slipping his shirt on.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do." I said. I know our relationship or whatever we have is complicated, but I care for him. I always have an always will. I deep down want him so much, but I'm scared it's not the same way for him.

"Guys." Maggie said, and pulled the barn door open more. "This is Aaron." She added, and a guy in a plaid shirt walked in behind her with Sasha holding her gun directly at him from behind.

I picked Judith up, and Carl pulled his gun out, standing in front of us. I peered to the side a little bit, so I could get a better look at him.

"Hi, I'm Aaron. I'm here to tell you that, I don't want to hurt any of you in any way. I came to tell you that I have a camp, well a community if you will. I'd like for you all to audition to be apart of it. It's very safe, has walls, houses, food, anything you'd ever need." He said, and we all looked at him like he was high or something.