The Mirror of Erised

"Show me what I need to see, show me what I need to see," Harry repeated under his breath as he paced restlessly in front of the wall where the room of requirement lay.

"I need to know what to do."

Next year was Harry's final year at Hogwarts and he got the horrible sense that something awful was going to happen. He needed to know what to do so he could be prepared. Dumbledore had told him this would be a good idea, that he need to see what path lies ahead. He would never ignore his advice.

Mumbling the same repeated phrase under his breath, Harry waited impatiently for the room of requirement doors to appear in front of him.

A second passed and there they were, revealing themselves in all their glory.

Smiling a little to himself, he took the handle with force and made his way inside. The room had provided him with nothing except a tall, grand mirror furnished in gold carvings.

Harry stared in disbelief. The Mirror of Erised? That made no sense. The mirror only showed what you desired most, not your future. Why would Dumbledore send him here?

Harry was nervous as he made his way towards the mirror. What was this about?

Taking a deep breath, Harry pushed his nerves downwards, and stood head on, facing his reflection in the mirror, trying to calm the growing ball of anxiety in his stomach.

Before he could change my mind, the images within the mirror started to change, pulling him into its depths.

It was him, maybe two or three years from now. He was laying on a grand, four poster bed, smiling down at another lying in his lap. It was a boy.

Harry gulped. He had known he was gay for a very long time, and kissing Cho Chang last year certainly confirmed it. But he hadn't ever really realised he would have a boyfriend one day, maybe even a husband...

Harry continued to watch his mirror self, as he started to kiss the other boy with a passion he didn't know he had inside of him. It was insane. Who was this person? Did he know them?

The mysterious boy finally turned to face Harry, and he swore he stopped breathing for a moment. There's no way. Absolutely no way in hell that that boy was who he thought it was. But the evidence was staring me right in the face, smiling back at him.

Draco Malfoy.

"Weird isn't it?"

A voice sounded from behind the mirror and Harry jumped. He could have sworn he was alone in there.

From behind the mirror stepped a tall, blond, pale-skinned Slytherin, who was blushing like crazy.

Harry had never seen him like this before. He looked almost... shy?

"You..." Harry said, trailing off. "You see the same thing?" he asked, completely shocked at the scene playing before him.

Draco simply nodded, stepping next to Harry and looked in the mirror.

The two watched the reflection of their mirror selves in silence, having no idea what to say to each other.

"Harry..." Draco eventually broke the silence, turning away from the reflection.

Harry nearly gasped. Malfoy had just used his first name? It sounded like golden sandpaper rolling off his tongue. It was quite beautiful.

"This is what we desire the most..." he continued, avoiding Harry's eyes, pressing his lips together.

"I want..." He cleared his throat, his cheeks turning a few notches darker. Draco grasped Harry's hands in his and for a second Harry could have sworn lighting flashed across my skin. His touch was electrifying. Harry was captivated.

"I want you to be my boyfriend," Draco whispered.

There was no hesitation. Harry and Draco had been at odds for years, and it was only recently he had come to terms with how he really felt about him. This was a dream come true.

"Yes," Harry cried, leaping into his arms, laughing.

Draco stumbled back, surprised but laughing too; this was better news than he could ever hope for.

Draco put Harry down and kissed him without hesitation, drawing his perfectly soft lips over the Gryffindor's, many years of practice proving themselves. He was talented that was for sure. He tasted like cherries. Harry sank in his little dream-boat.

As if the room of requirement had been watching, a four-poster bed appeared in the corner of the room, startling the two.

Draco smirked as he realised what had happened. Grabbing Harry's hand, he led the boy to the bed, whispering, "As my first boyfriend, you get to have the honour of a lifetime."

"Oh?" Harry cocked his head sideways. "And what would that be?"

"A sleepless night with yours truly," Draco grinned, and kissed Harry again. He had scored.