twenty-nine

taeyong was ninety percent sure the drink yuta had shoved between his hands was spiked with something. half of him didn't really care however, downing it without another thought.

"yong," johnny's voice called, and the boy snapped his fingers several times in front of taeyong's face. "you alright, buddy?"

taeyong gave a slow blink, words slurred as he gave an answer. "yessir."

yuta released a loud cackle, throwing an arm around taeyong before pinching his cheek. "our little yongie is wasted, how cute is that?"

doyoung tutted his tongue in disappointment. "yuta, what did you give him?"

"it's not my fault he's a lightweight," yuta said in defense, "besides, he'll fall asleep soon, don't sweat it."

taeyong lifted his head to survey the party atmosphere. thundering music bellowed in his ear as he watched students he knew dance and drink. his eyes fell on a certain dark-haired boy and his female counterpart as they danced against each other.

he shook his head slowly, seulgi was going to freak out tomorrow when she realized she'd been up on minhyuk all night.

he turned his focus away from them, surprised to find another familiar face recording the two and laughing happily.

she looks pretty, taeyong thought, eyes scanning over her.

he suddenly felt himself get up and walk towards her, ignoring yuta and doyoung asking him where he was headed.

"yongie!" eun exclaimed and minhyuk gave him a nod before returning to slow dancing with an oblivious seulgi.

"i need to tell you something," taeyong said in an attempt to whisper, his voice came out rather loudly, earning the attention of minhyuk.

"ooooh," the boy cooed, "is someone getting a confession tonight?"

eun blushed and punched the boys shoulder, "shut up, idiot." her moves were uncoordinated and her eyes hazy, leading taeyong to conclude she was just as drunk as he was.

"yes," taeyong simply replied, and both eun and minhyuk's jaws dropped open.

before either of them could say anything, taeyong grabbed eun by the hand, leading her to a room upstairs. to his luck, the first door he opened was unoccupied, and he led the girl inside, shutting the door behind them.

"taeyong, i-," eun began before taeyong put a finger to her mouth.

"please," he replied, "let me talk first."

eun nodded and he drew his finger away before slightly leaning in.

"eun, i like-,"

he barely got the last syllable out before her warm mouth crashed against his.