|41|

"My friend's locked onto the little companion of your up on the henge," Boba says, nodding his head towards the top of the hill where the kid is supposed to be meditating on the seeing stone. I can't believe Boba Fett is actually willing to stoop low enough to the point of threatening a fucking child just to get what he wants. 

"I forgot how much of an asshole you are, Boba," I say, letting out a heavy sigh as I shake my head. 

In retrospect, it's intriguing to hear that he's working with another person. If I remember correctly, he had been quite the lone wolf all those years ago; never wanting to accept any help, never wanting to admit that he was in a jiff, and never wanting to show that he needed anyone but himself to survive in this lonely galaxy. Then again, it's almost been an entire decade since I've last seen him and he's gone through some heavy shit during that time period. I guess I can't say that I'm surprised that he's interested in looking for some sort of companionship. 

"So, who's the poor soul you started dragging around this piss-poor galaxy?" I ask, perking an interested brow. 

"I'll give you a hint: I don't miss."

Well, that voice is a little too familiar. 

"Fennec," I breathe out. My eyes widen and I immediately whip my head up to look at the ridge that Boba had been talking about earlier. And there she is, in all her fucking glory, alive and well.

"I'm glad you still recognize me," she teases, not daring to tear her helmeted gaze away from her dialed scope. 

"You point that gun away from the kid, or I'll drop you both where you stand," Din threatens. I glance back at him and shake my head slightly. 

"Alright, I know you know who Fennec is, but have you ever heard of the notorious Boba Fett?" I question, genuinely wondering whether or not he knows who's currently standing in our presence. He hums lowly, telling me that he has no idea about who Boba Fett may be or how his reputation glowered within the galaxy. "Yeah, well, I'm gonna take a few seconds to be completely honest and tell you that it's not in our best interest to be making threats right now."

"How about we all put down our weapons and have a little chat," Boba negotiations, holding both of his hands up to signify some sort of mutual peace treaty. "There's no need for bloodshed."

"That's rich coming from you," I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Tell Fennec to put her rifle down first. Then we'll put our shit down. I happen to know from experience that she has a fast trigger finger."

"Put down the jetpack and the lightsaber, then she'll drop her rifle," he says, his eyes narrowing slightly. 

"Same time," Din says, butting into the conversation to offer a middle-ground option. Boba nods his head once before glancing up at where his partner is. 

"Stand down," he calls out. 

Fennec stands to her feet, aiming her rifle to the ground. I turn my saber off and toss it down to the grass, holding my hands up to show him that I meant no harm to either of them. Din looks down at me and I nod my head, telling him to drop everything. He slowly holsters his blaster and takes his pack off, setting it against the rock beside us. Boba swings his cycler rifle off of his shoulder, holding it out before setting it down on the ground. 

"Get rid of the gaffi stick too," I say, narrowing my eyes at him and the weapon that was still strapped to his back. 

"You have a weapon that you can't remove from your person," he says, nodding his chin in my direction. "As long as you wield the force, I get to keep a weapon on me."

"Woah now, Boba. Keep talking like that and I might actually start to think that you're just as scared of me as I am of you," I say, not caring to hide the fact that I am indeed afraid of him and his innate ability to abso-fucking-lutely destroy my life. It's obvious that I'm afraid of him; I might as well just say it before anyone else gets the chance to do it.