Chapter 4 - prissy missy

JABI LAKE MALL, ABUJA.

The day I'll stop loosing my senses over stepping foot in a jewelry store is the day Nigeria will be better than Dubai in everything.

Hudayya has sent my kamu and budan kai dresses, which were supposed to come together with the boubou I wore for my sa lalle. The thing is, we placed the orders a bit late, so the first one she had done was just sent to avoid wasting more time, while the others arrived a day later. Anyways, my legs carried me to pandora to get some accessories to pair with the dresses. Jewelry is one thing I don't play with. I'm quite picky when it comes to that, nobody really understands my choices apart from me and baby am, so everyone just backed off and decided to let me buy it since the chances of me liking their choice is around 1 out of 100.

I planned to go to Elegante but I decided not to because I was afraid I might find Abdulhafeez there since it's his store, and if I do, he will definitely get me thrown out like a bag of trash ya tara mun jama'a and I'm really not interested in making the news so early in the morning.

The Kamu is later in the evening by the way, I'm sure you can imagine how excited I am, I should be getting jitters and panic attacks or whatever but I actually just find the whole thing funny. Wai I'm the one who's going to be in charge of taking care of a whole household, Little me that still sprints to her bed after switching the lights off so the monsters don't get to me, then there's the issue of motherhood, I do not know how on earth I'm supposed to be a good mom, you're telling me if my kids suggest that we get ice cream for dinner and pick up a cute little dog or maybe even a pregnant squirrel on our way back home, I'm supposed to say no and act like that's not a awesome idea? Lmao gaskiya I'm not fake.

Both Majeed and I are childish human beings trapped in adults body, he's even worse than I am so one thing I know for sure is that our house will be nothing but chaotic in the most amazing way.

"You sure you don't want anything Yas?" I Asked Yasmin as we slowly strolled through the store, looking for the perfect earrings and bracelet to pair with my sage green saki.

"Not a fan of pandora" she replied "but I'll surely love a ring from Eleganté"

"I'm not going to Eleganté"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't going to jail on the day of my kamu"

She furrowed her eyebrows "What?"

"Nothing" I shrugged it off "yawwa! There's something I want to talk to you about," I started.

"Ina Jin ki; I'm all ears"

I sighed "it's about Amal,"

The kind hiss she hissed ehh, I don't think I've ever heard anything like it "I should've known. You want to defend your sweet sweet friend and blame me for everything! Nothing new there, just go ahead"

When she says things like this, it makes my blood boil faster than water does in an electric kettle. Yasmin is so difficult to deal with, I honestly don't even know how I'm able to stand her with this my heart that gets fired up so easily and gets me acting like Diego costa or something.

"Why are you so irrational wai? You didn't even hear what I had to say, you just dived into conclusion because this one pass jumping" I snapped.

"I don't need to hear anything because I've done that more than enough, and it makes me sick, Okay? It makes me sick to my guts that you Always try to defend and stand up for her against me!" She whispered yelled, harshly "look, I understand, I understand that you don't care about me, I understand that you don't value our friendship as much as I do. I was with you first, but the moment she came along, you just jumped out of my own car and got into hers. I get it, there's no need to rub it in my face"