𝟘𝟜𝟚.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO ━━ the apparent necessity of astronomy

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER FORTY-TWO  ━━ the apparent necessity of astronomy

━━━━━━━━━━

LYRA HAD TO REMIND HERSELF every hour that she and Ginny were girlfriends because all felt like a dream. How did it go from an eleven year old being happy to finally have a friend to kissing the exact girl a few years later? Kissing in front of the whole school too! It was a very bold move, luckily the reactions they received were mainly positive.

     Most said they'd "expected it to happen anyway" and weren't surprised. Others thought Lyra was still dating Demelza until both had to explain they broke up a month ago. Harry his response was the most confusing out of all of the ones she got.

"Ginevra I told you L.Y.B.F was going to bloom into a romance soon," Were his exact words. It took Ginny five minutes to explain what L.Y.B.F was and Harry adding extra events to it made it so much better. (He almost got hit with a spell, using Natalie as a shield which resulted in the spell hitting him from a different way.)

     The party after they won the Quidditch Cup was for that and other reasons the highlight of her fifth year. But of course there was another anticipated matter, their O.W.L's. They were approaching soon and it gave Lyra a level of stress even Draco's ball couldn't help with.

While her roommates were studying muggle studies on one side of the library table, at the other side Colin was teaching Lyra Astronomy. "With our solar system, you need to think the further away from the sun, the colder the planet. So, which planet comes first?"

     "Mercury," Lyra said, confident of her answer. "Then comes Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune." Colin nodded, giving her a high five.

"Perfect, now you have to get the constellations in your head and you're going to get that Outstanding."

     "Seriously? I don't even know where my star is situated," Lyra mumbled.

"It's here, just next to Cygnus and on Hercules's West." Colin wildly pointed at random stars, babbling about them while Lyra stared at him open mouthed.

     "Tell me why I choose Astronomy again," she groaned, covering her face.

"You didn't, remember? Lucius Malfoy forced you to take it over muggle studies," Ginny replied. "I'm a bit surprised you didn't stop."

"Me too, Gin. Me too."

"You'll need it to become an Unspeakable and it won't. . ." Natalie began with her long explanation Lyra only heard half of. She didn't want to be told she couldn't do the only career she was interested because she didn't know how to situate a damn star.