44: Old bestfriend

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

Days had gone as usual where the two of them showed each others love. Arthur had learnt from his mistake that his wife has become very important in his life, and had also learnt to share everything with her.

It was Sunday morning but Arthur had to go to the office to take care of some work. Thea took this chance to go to her home school house, and stop by for grocery shopping.

"Hey, Thea," Alisha, her secretary, greeted her as she arrived at her parents' old house. "Haven't seen you in a while"

Thea gave her a side hug. "Hey, how have you been, Alisha?"

Alisha was the one who takes care of the home school now. She's one of Thea's close friends, they have known each others for years and Thea trusted her to run the home school.

"I've been great, I just got engaged 2 days ago" she said excitedly, showing her her engagement ring.

"That's brilliant, congratulations!"

"Thank you, Thea! What about you? How's life?"

So much happened in her life the past few months. It was definitely a roller coaster of emotions. But that's how life goes.

Thea spent the next few hours observing the house, looking through documents, and stuff. She also decided to clean her parents' bedroom and rearranged some stuff. She felt happy to be in her old house again, though it brought her memories of her parents.

She was sitting on the bed and looked around the room. She had to admit she had missed her parents a lot. It's been a while since she last visited their resting home.

Perhaps she should visit them on the way home.

After bidding her goodbye to Alisha, she left the house and was ready to go to a shopping center, when someone stood at the front gate of the house. It was not just someone, it was someone whom she knew well enough for years.

"Tony?"

To say that she was surprised was an understatement. She couldn't believe her eyes. She saw him again, after all these years. She was even surprised how much he had changed. He has matured enough and grew way taller than she remembered. But the warmth and the caring she used to see in his eyes are still there, and she knew her bestfriend is still the same. And just like the old times, they went to hug each others.

"It's been a while, huh?" Tony smiled as he hugged her, feeling happy to meet his old bestfriend again.

It was Thea who pulled away first. "Oh my God, it's really you! How.. what, what are you doing here?"

Words can't describe how happy she is to meet her old bestfriend. Despite everything that happened between the two of them, Thea was glad to finally meet him again.

"I'm back in town, dad is ill so I'm staying here until he gets better"

"Oh, what happened?"

"He had a stroke"

"I'm sorry to hear that"

Thea could still remember Ethan, Tony's dad. She has met him quite often, back when both her and Tony were still in high school. Ethan used to invite her and Celine for BBQ party in their garden.

"I came here 3 days ago but your house looked different, I thought you had moved and sold the house"

Thea shook her head. "Well, actually I did renovated the house but it's still mine. It's a home school house now, just so you know"