16| falling

──・・𖥸・・──

──・・𖥸・・──

"So...here's your room."

Hudson pushes the door open to reveal a freakishly large bedroom. It's gorgeous, but who needs so much room? If this is a guest room, I can only imagine what Hudson and Damon's rooms look like. Probably absolutely ridiculous, at least in terms of size.

"Where's yours?" I ask before I have the chance to shut down the idea.

A look of surprise flashes on his face so quickly that I may have imagined it. "In the basement."

"You choose to stay in the basement?" Now it's my turn to give him a look. A very confused look.

Hudson smiles, "don't judge it 'til you see it. Go ahead and get situated, I'll show you later."

Before I get the chance to voice my agreement, he's turned around and walking out the door. So much for chilling together. Then again, I'm not sure I want to be around anyone right now. Not after seeing Mick's car. There's only so much a girl can take, and seeing your abusive ex is bound to send anyone into a spiral. To keep my mind off of the intense fear and anxiety billowing inside of me, I do what Hudson said and get settled.

Which is easier said than done.

There's so much space in this bedroom, it's like walking around in a lounge. The overwhelming size of the room keeps me confined to the bed for the most part, even though there's a small living area with a loveseat, two armchairs and a large flat-screen mounted on the wall. Maybe I'll get the courage to venture over there later, but right now I think I'll settle for a shower.

The bathroom is as overwhelming as the bedroom itself. The bathtub looks big enough to fit two, maybe three people at one time, the toilet is one of those fancy ones with a bidet and the counter has two sinks and two large mirrors. Everything about this house feels expensive, probably because it is. Hudson mentioned his father had it built after he was born. I can only imagine the kind of man who builds himself such an obvious display of wealth. A modern day Jay Gatsby, if you will.

All my complaints about the display of wealth are thrown to the wayside the moment I'm submerged in the water though. I hope whoever usually stays in here doesn't mind, I used their floral bath salts. But they shouldn't get mad, they're the ones who bought such a good product. I don't remember the last time I felt so at peace while taking a bath. I could die right now and I wouldn't even be embarrassed that I'm in the bath, because this is heaven on Earth.

Three gentle knocks on the door draw me back into reality, much to my chagrin. "Yes?" I call out, trying my best not to sound exasperated.

"Hey, whenever you're ready I ordered pizza. Get as much as you want," Hudson says.

"Thanks, I'll be out soon."

And that's the end of my personal heaven.

I throw on the pajamas I brought with me, a tank and some sweats, and make my way down the stairs. It's near impossible to navigate this giant maze. From the outside, the house doesn't look nearly as large as it is on the inside. Props to the designer, they're a master of illusions. The interior of the house is more fitting for a Glendale mansion than a beach house in Myrtle Beach. Even though it was a challenge, I end up in the kitchen with Hudson, Damon and Adonis. It's hard not to smile looking at Adonis and Damon. Not because they're cute, I mean they are, but that's not the reason I find this amusing. Everytime Hudson's around the two of them at the same time, he always has this subtle look of annoyance in his face. I asked him about it one time and he cited long, sleepless nights because of them.