Chapter 53

A long chapter ahead...

Past two days, Jungkook had learnt how to change the dressings of his husband, he always sat close to the doctor and observed how that doctor took out the previous dressing without hurting the stitches and put up the new dressing. His heart hurt whenever he saw his husband's deep open wound.

Taehyung didn't wake up yet but the doctor said he will soon. Because his vitals are normal and steady as a healthy patient. Jungkook is still worried sick though, that boy didn't go home even for an hour, always sitting around Taehyung, sometimes staring at his husband without any movements, sometimes telling his husband about his day in the hospital.

Jungkook was clearly exhausted, his sunken cheeks, red rimmed eyes, swollen eyelids made everyone want to take care of him. But no one dared to talk to Jungkook they knew they should, but Jungkook never spared a glance toward them, clearly upset with them.

Though Mrs Kim got successful to feed her little bunbun, Jungkook is not upset with the old couple. He felt relieved when his grandpa got a normal blood pressure rate, and the old couple took it upon themselves to make sure Jungkook eats at least twice a day.

It was another day where Jungkook was sitting beside the doctor who is showing him how to tie the knot of dressing over the stitches when they felt a movement on the bed.

Both looked up and a lump of emotions hit Jungkook's throat when he saw Taehyung turning his head a little, his eyeballs moving under his eyelids rapidly.

"Oh? I think the patient is getting awake" The doctor moved toward the headboard of the hospital bed and placed her stethoscope over Taehyung's chest. Relatively, Jungkook took some steps back, his feet moving on their own, motioning him away from the bed.

Until he froze on his steps when Taehyung opened his eyes, He was barely holding his eyes open but he was still awake. Taehyung is awake. 

"Mr Kim, can you hear me?" The doctor asked and Taehyung closed his eyes and then again opened them letting her know that he was listening.

"That's really good, now follow my finger." The doctor moved her finger against his eyes and Taehyung followed that finger, his eyeballs turning left to right.

"I-i'll go t-tell others," Jungkook whispered and went outside the room, closing the door shut behind him. He hiccuped badly on his sobs but squeezed his lips shut. Finally, his husband is awake, he is happy so so happy. 

"Bunbun? What happened?" Mrs Kim asked as he approached the distressed boy, Mr Kim following her behind, both were holding lunch bags.

Jungkook gulped his tears and smiled a little making the old couple gasp lightly," Hubby is awake, granny." 

"Oh my child, really?" Tears welled up in her eyes as she quickly gets inside the room.

"Did I heard it right? Taebear is up," Yoongi dashed out from Jimin's wardroom and looked at Jungkook in question. Jungkook nodded his head and smiled when Grandpa and Yoongi went inside too.

Jungkook turned toward the glass window too, he peeked inside, wiping his eyes quickly when they caused blurriness in his vision, everyone was standing around Taehyung's bed so he didn't get to see Taehyung.

Jungkook is contemplating on his thoughts, should he go inside or not? If he decides to go in, it certainly can't happen with his current state. He didn't want to show his weak state to his husband anymore. 

Perhaps it's because Taehyung has failed Jungkook's faith.

Jungkook's desperate eyes were roaming into the room right through the glass when he heard a voice behind him that made him flinch a little," What are you doing outside?"