Chapter 34

-Emma POV-

"So, he took you to an Island that Carlisle owned?" I asked Bella when she called.
"Yes" she said and she sounded sad.
"I didn't even know Carlisle owned an island" I said. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Emma" she said. "Did you and Jasper ever... you know..."
"Had sex?" I asked.
"Yes" she said.

"Eh, yes. Why?" I asked.
"Well, Edward and I did it yesterday. But, he thinks he hurt me. So he won't do it again" she said. "But, I don't care about a few bruises"

"Heh, I never had any bruises" I said. "But then again, I'm not human anymore. Just give him some time, Bells. You know he loves you more than anything. You might not care for a few bruises, but he does"
"I know" she sighed.

"You two will work it out" I said. "Try to enjoy the rest of your honeymoon"
"Darling? I'm back" it was Jasper.
"How's the college search going?" asked Bella.

Jasper noticed that I was calling Bella so he just sat next to me.
"Good, I applied for a few nearby. I really want to study art" I said. "You know, that lady from the diner we went to. She asked me to paint the forest so she can hang it in her diner"

"Really? That's great" said Bella. "I have to go, Edward is back. Talk to you later"
"Have fun, Bella" I said and she hang up.

"What does my Lady want for dinner?" asked Jasper.
"Hmm... I'm thinking... pizza" I smiled and he chuckled.
"I have a surprise for you" he said and walked out of the living room.

"Jasper?" I asked when I sensed something living in our house.
A little dog ran to me.
"Oh my god!" I shouted and the dog snuggled into my side. "Jasper! You got us a dog!"

He laughed and I was softly hugging the dog.
"I love her!" I said and he sat back down next to me. "Does she have a name yet?"
"No, not yet" he said and kissed my cheek. "I knew how much you liked dogs and wanted one"

"I love you" I said and kissed his lips. "I love you so much"
"I love you too, darling" he whispered and kissed me back.
But, the dog got jealous and barked once.

"Okay, but we do have to name her" I said and he chuckled. "What about... Lexa?"
"Lexa? I like it" he said.
The dog barked in agreement and I laughed.

"Also, there is something else" he said and I frowned.
"You do know that my birthday isn't for another 2 months, right?" I said and he smiled.

"Let me speak, darling" he said and I sat up straight in the couch. "Emma, from the moment I saw you, I knew you were going to be special to me. You've made me happier than I've ever been in this long life. And I love you, more than anything. I want to spent the rest of eternity with you" he kneeled in front of me and took out a box.

"Oh my god" I whispered and began to tear up.
"Emma Marshall, you are my heart, my life. Would you do me the honour, of marrying me?" he asked, he opened the box and it was a beautiful ring...

I nodded and cried.
"Yes" I said. "Yes, a thousand times yes" I kissed him and I felt him smile.
He put the ring on my finger and I immeadiatly pulled him closer to me for another kiss.
"I love you" he whispered.
"I love you" I whispered back and he lifted me up.

~

A week after Bella's wedding, I sensed something... but I couldn't place the feeling...
And at that moment, Alice had a vision...
Jasper stood by my side and I looked at Alice.

"Bella" we said at the same time.
"What about Bella?" asked Carlisle.
"I can't see her future anymore" said Alice.

"Emma?" asked Carlisle.
"I don't know..." I whispered. "I still sense Bella, but..."
"But what?" asked Esme.

"There something else. Something inside Bella..." I said. "I have to call her"
I called Bella and she soon picked up.
"Bella?" I said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not 100 percent sure" she said.
"Why? What's wrong? I just..." I began.
"You just what?" asked Bella. "Emma, what did you sense?"

"Here's Carlisle" I said and gave the phone to Carlisle.
"Bella, what's going on?" he asked.
Jasper put his arm around me and I listened to the conversation.

"I don't know. I am a little worried. Can vampires go into shock?" she asked.
"Has Edward been harmed?" asked Carlisle.
"No" said Bella. "I know that it's impossible, but I think that I am pregnant"

'Oh god...'
I felt Jasper tense up...
"Whoa" said Bella. "Carlisle, I swear, something just moved inside me"
"Is this even possible?" asked Edward.

"I don't know" said Carlisle. "The sooner Bella's here, the sooner we can find out what it is. I need you to get to the mainland at once"
"Yeah, yeah, I will" said Edward.

~

Bella came back and I ran into her arms.
"You're okay" I whispered and she hugged me back.
"I'm back" she whispered.

My head began to hurt and I took a step back.
"Emma?" said Bella and I felt Jasper his arms around me.
"Darling? What's going on?" he asked.
"I don't know" I said and I felt my eyes glow.

Carlisle couldn't get through the placenta with the ultrasound.
"Emma, can you, maybe sense what it is?" he asked.
"I can try" I said and walked closer to Bella. "Bells, can I?"

She nodded and I placed my hand on her stomach.
My eyes began to glow.
"What the..." I whispered.
'I... I can sense it, but it's both death and alive...'

"I don't understand" I whispered and took a few steps back.
"Emma, what did you sense?" asked Bella.
"Whatever it is... it's both death and alive" I said.

~

2 weeks went by and Bella her stomach grew fast... and she could hardly eat anything...
It was eating her alive...
I noticed that Jasper had become more distant, the more he saw Bella go downhill.

"Jazz?" I asked one day. "What's wrong?"
"We need to stop" he said and I frowned. "At least Bella has a small chance of becoming a vampire. You won't have that chance. I don't want to lose you"

"Wait, hang on" I said and chuckled. "You're worried that I might get pregnant?"
"Yes. Your mom obviously could" he said and I smiled.
"You don't have to worry about that" I said and he shook his head.

"No, I won't take that chance" he said. "I will not risk losing you"
I sighed and held out my hand. "Come on, let me show you something"

He held my hand and I walked to Carlisle.
"Carlisle, could you show something to Jasper on the ultrasound?" I asked and he was surprised with the question. "He won't believe me if I just tell him, he'll need to see for himself"
"See what?" asked Jasper.

I laid down on the table and pulled up my shirt.
Carlisle went over my stomach with the ultrasound and when Jasper looked on the screen. There was nothing to see.

"I don't understand" said Jasper.
"When I had my first period, when I was 13. It hurt too much and the bleeding wouldn't stop" I began to explain. "When the doctors checked it, they noticed that my uterus was dying. So they took it out, before it could kill me as well"

"So you..." began Jasper.
"I don't have a uterus, I haven't had my period for 5 years. So it is impossible for me to get pregnant" I said. "I asked Carlisle to check it when I became a Banshee. Since I have quick recovery, I was wondering if it had grown back. But it didn't, so even if I wanted to. I can never have any children. So, Jasper, even though I appreciate you wanting to stop sleeping with me. You have nothing to worry about"

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.
"I never had to. It never came up and I hadn't thought about it for a long time" I said.
Carlisle gave me a towel to clean up the gel on my stomach.

"Feeling better?" I asked Jasper and he nodded.
"I'm sorry" he said and I sat up.
I held his hand and he looked at the ring I was wearing.
"It's okay" I said. "I'm sorry too, for not telling you"