Two Months Later....

Shalini's POV:

Two months passed so soon. What a timeline of mixed feelings! The way things happened in the past gave me the shocker.

After Samar left to the film industry HQ, Madhu got a call from the owner of the house she's been staying and she had to leave. The owner created a ruckus and asked her to pay extra rent if I were to stay with her for a month. To not make things difficult for her, I sanctioned a loan from the bank and finally rented a house. Eventually I started working full-time as an auditor and repaid 30% of the loan.

Now to the main part, I couldn't digest how Samar's career took a toll. His movies "Iyarkai Seetram" (natural calamity) and "En Raanuva Raniye" (my army queen) were a delight to watch. The dedication he imposed on his movies couldn't be explained in words, such a remarkable actor. He was sincere in his career, but people never realised his worth.

That day, being my birthday, we felt terrible after he barged into his room and let out emotions of pain, anger & distress. Each and every second we writhed in fear, because he would have done anything. After numerous knocks on his door, he finally came out and we left a huge sigh of relief after he didn't do anything to himself. Letting out his emotions made him calm and he revealed about his resignation.

Paati, uncle, aunty, and Sahana were heartsore that they couldn't live normally for a week. No laughs, no entertainment, no happy conversations. Samar was feeling guilt-ridden that he broke his family's trust and happiness in a second, but he had no other go. Nevertheless, they understood how much painful it was for him to quit his passion, because he feared of getting blacklisted and he deserved respect from the industry.

I'm not anyone's fan in the film industry, but my support towards Samar after we met became one of the most precious things in my life. He shouldn't have resigned because his choice of films were worthwhile. When I asked the reason behind it, he said "Oru vishayam namma pudichu senja athuku oru artham irukanum. Angeegaram kedaikatha enaku, cinema la irunthalum onnu than illatiyum onnu than". He did have a point, but this was his dream career which he sacrificed!

I learned Rakesh's true face only through Sahana and her parents. Samar didn't want to make me "hate" an actor for him, hence he never opened up a word about Rakesh. Right at that moment, I felt disgusted for admiring Rakesh as a person and an actor. Taking everything personally between Samar and him, he stooped himself to a low degree.

Anyways, on a video call with Viku, I told about my decision to stay in a rental house. He was at peace, because I needn't listen to my family's tunes anymore. I finally revealed him about my friendship with Samar. He expressed positive feelings and called me "lucky". Like Madhu, he started to tease me. Boys oda friendship vechukita odane athula than mudiyanuma enna?

Back to the present; living alone, playing the violin and watering my new marigold plant gave me positivity. Cooking, doing household chores, taking care of myself and making productive use of time...I've been used to all of these ever since my family started to loathe me. However, working full-time is somewhat tiring. It's challenging to experience this phase of life. I miss going to the park at the evenings, but I do have the mornings!

Despite convinced that I'm living alone, Samar's family would ask everyday if I'm fine and we have conversations. When I meet Sahana at the park in the mornings, she would give me the tiffin pack arranged by Madhavi aunty. I wouldn't have time to make breakfast and go to work immediately, so she made it easy! There would be varieties of breakfast made by her hands.