Chapter 86 - When Worlds Collide

"H-how?" 

You feel your throat tightening as tears come to your eyes. 

There, standing at the forefront of the massive crowd, is your family. 

All of them. 

"I may have demanded certain exceptions be taken tonight, my love," Loki whispers with a knowing, playful smirk.

So this was the "business" he was tending to earlier in the afternoon.

You squeeze his arm in gratitude as he leans down and places a soft kiss on the top of your head, earning a few "aw's" and smiles from the crowd. But you ignore the eyes on you as you turn back to look out upon your family.

Tony, gives you a small wave. Pepper holds her hand on her heart, looking at you with teary eyes. Steve, in his full Captain America suit, smiles warmly. Nat has her arm threaded through Banner's as Clint skulks nearby.

Your eyes skip to Herkja, then Sylvi, who holds Anthony in her arms. They are both standing behind Tony. As soon as you see your son's green eyes, you let out an involuntary huff of air, and strain against Loki's grasp slightly. But he keeps a firm hold of your arm.

"Keep your smile, darling," Loki purrs as he begins guiding you towards the large staircase. "Your fans are watching."

Loki guides you down the steps as you choke back the tears. Once you reach the bottom of the steps it takes every fiber of your being to stop yourself from tearing from Loki's grasp to rush over to your family.

Loki leads you to the center of the room on a slightly raised platform beside Thor and Sif. A hush settles over the previously riotous crowd as the Allfather steps forward and raises his spear. 

"My people!" he bellows, his voice bouncing throughout the gilded feast hall. "You have been brave in this time of darkness. By now I am certain word has spread of the danger that our realm faced at Amora's hand. I know many of you knew her. She lived among us, as one of us, for many centuries."

Your grip tightens on Loki as Odin speaks, but you can't tear your eyes from your family. Tony feels you staring at him and looks from Odin to you, his features softening as if telling you to be patient.

"He's worried about you. He wants you to calm down," Loki whispers softly in his ear.

"Lo," you scold. "Stop reading his mind. Pay attention to your own father. I'll worry about mine."

Loki smirks, returning his attention to Odin.

"But the threat she posed is no longer!" roars Odin. The crows erupts into cheers as Odin continues to speak over the roars. "In her place, we have gained a worthy honorary Aesir. Lady Y/n of Midgard! Warrior, sorceress, and Asgard's Champion!"

The crowd erupts in cheers and claps. A loud whistle comes from Nat and a loud "that's my girl!" comes from Tony.