15

Third Person POV:

"I told you to be careful, didn't I?" A sudden drop in his velvety voice was enough to send shivers down Taehyung's spine. It was so sudden that the latter's mind went complete blank for a good second. Nonethless he came back to reality as the pain started seeping in. 

The cut wasn't that deep at all, but it stung despite everything.The raven head took Taehyung's hands in his and inspected it intently.

Turning his hand around a few times to take a good look, all whilst Taehyung stared at him with wide eyes, looking at him from upclose.

Suddenly turning around, still crouched down, Jungkook took a first-aid box from the near stand, it was the only thing untouched in his messed up room. 

"Here. Show me." Taehyung did as told.

He could even trace the texture of Jungkook's skin, the faded lines on his otherwise smooth skin were the most interesting thing to him at the moment. 

He jerked slightly as the other pressed the disinfectant on his wound, unfazed by the hisses Taehyung et out meanwhile. Jungkook hadn't even glanced at him the whole time and Taehyung was way more disappointed than he would have liked.

Next few minutes went by in utter silence, although their insides were a complete different scenarios. Both of them.

He slowly wiped off the excess blood and wrapped up his hand. Although it was no big cut, Jungkook had dealt with it very carefully.

A warm feeling settled in the pit of Taehyung's stomach at the realization that Jungkook still cared about him. Or maybe he was overthinking everything but he was too happy with his fantasy and wasn't ready to think otherwise.

Jungkook neatly placed the things back in the box, blushing subtly whewhen he heard Taehyung stiffle a silent laugh as he saw the cute iron man bandages, he quickly tossed the lid on and shoved the small box back inbetween the mess. 

He still keeps these bandages.

Recovering the earlier embarassment, Jungkook turned around with a proud grin and looked at Taehyung smugly, who was taken back at the sudden eye contact.

Jungkook, too, realized the situation they currently were in, and as quickly as it came, the small smile was wiped off his face.

Clearing his throat, he let go of Taehyung's hand and stood up with careful steps.

He had totally forgotten about his wounded leg and now that he stood up after crouching down for such a long time, he regretted it. His leg had totally not recovered and he being his clumsy self just made it worse.

His wound suddenly started throbbing painfully, the ugly sting travelling up to his thigh, making it hard for him to stand on his feet. Taehyung got a hold of what was going on and followed him by standing up too.

Hesitantly yet determined, he held Jungkook by his forearm, the other silently warned him but Taehyung couldn't care less at this point. Jungkook should get this through his thick skull that his health was more important than his ego.

Jungkook, with a defeated expression on his face let Taehyung help him towards the bed. Kicking some stuffed animals on the way, the latter finally helped him to the bed.

When Taehyung finally tucked him in bed, despite all the glares he received in doing so, he spared him one last glance and started walking out of the room.

"Where are you going?" It was genuine confusion and Taehyung was relieved that after weeks of ignoring him or shouting at him, he was finally speaking normally. He was finally warming up to him.