Stupid Fly

chapter thirty-four; Stupid Fly

"AND THEN LOOK AT THIS ONE." Stella showed Draco the TikTok, a part two of how someone accidentally bleached their hair too many times and it's not salvageable.

She spoke over Umbridge's instructions, showing Draco the Instagram pictures she posted. "But she can't really complain. She literally has the perfect head shape for being bald."

She turned to look at him with a small frown, patting her own head. "Do you think I can rock being bald?"

Draco has been trying to be nicer than usual. Especially since they've started dating, but he cringed at the thought. Some people could have prefect bald heads, Stella was not one of those.

"No." And sometimes, being honest was better than being nice.

She nodded. "Yeah, I thought so. I have too much of square shape. Maybe even oval. I don't know."

"There will be no need to talk." Umbridge walked down the rows of desks.

"-And I was thinking I should dye my hair half and half. Like your mom, remember when she invited me to dinner with you guys that one time? Her hair is so beautiful." Stella gushed. "It is so 🤌🏻, and I'm thinking to dye my hair like that. Obviously other colors."

Stella tapped her chin with the feathered quill Pansy had gifted her, "but I think my blond hair is too vibrant. What do you think?"

He shrugged, genuinely not knowing. He wasn't used to having so much conversation in such a small span of time.

"Wands away." The gorilla said, spotting Neville practicing.

Stella perked up at that, and then purposely brought out her own wand.

"So, I've been thinking that since I have a wand, I should be able to know how to make slime the correct way. Right? But then Professor Snape turned me away when I asked for help." She twirled her wand around in her fingers.

Then a sixth year walked in, the confident aura in her walk, compelled Stella to look up. She was pretty. Stella was thinking of ways to gain her attention when she walked past her and to Umbridge's desk.

"Ms. Watson."

"Yeah, yeah. Sign this paper please," She said, a mock smile gracing her lips.

"Whatever for?" Umbridge asked, momentarily forgetting about her own students.

Stella took the opportunity to launch an onslaught of gum scrunched into small paper balls onto Umbridge's seat. Since she was in the back it was hard, and she didn't have such a great aim, so most of them fell on the ground.

"A petition to get you fired." The girl looked down at her paper, with a slight smile, and then cleared her throat, the smile going away.

Umbridge gave the girl her own fake smile, writing a note. "Detention, Ms. Watson. After dinner."

The girl mocked a salute, "yes sir!" and then she stomped away. there was hushed laughter behind the door, along with two familiar voices.

'Did you do it?' and Stella knew that the girl was affiliated with the twins.

Umbridge turned from her chalk board, readying to sit down on her chair.

"This class is lowkey a bore. Want to make edits of Mr. Clean with me?" Stella asked Draco.

He sighed, and nodded. "Only if I get to pick out the gif."

"EW! Never say it like that again. It is pronounced 'gift' but without the 't'."