Good Friends and Great Ends

"Hey." Lucas' voice rang slightly gravely throughout the field.

"Oh my gosh.... Lucas. I'm so sorry. About everything...really." I called, rushing over to him.

"You don't need to worry about that. Marty explained everything." Lucas grinned. I turned to look at Marty, who stood over by Sarah. I realized all our friends were there too. Hailey and Dustin stood not far from Marty and Sarah as well; everyone was dressed up in prom esq. clothes. I looked over to Marty, who had a giant smile on his face, 'you set this up' I mouthed. Marty's smile widened further, and he shot me a quick salute before gesturing back to Lucas.

"Lucas. These past few weeks without you have been some of the worst of my life. It's like my heart fell asleep. And you, Lou, you're my first sign of spring. You're my daffodil." I gestured to the yellow flowers covering the ground, and brushed a streaming tear off of my cold cheek. "I didn't think I needed you, but I was wrong." I began, looking back over to him. I grasped his hands in mine, and he smiled down at me. "I want us to be friends... I want us to be more than friends. I want us to be everything."

"I'll do you one better." Lucas said with a grin. Suddenly out of the speakers a song I didn't recognize, but decided I'd love from that point forward began to play. Lucas knelt to the ground, and reached into his jacket pocket, pulling out a small square box.

"Oh my gosh." I gasped.

"Don't worry. It's not a proposal, just a promise ring." Lucas chuckled, "Not yet anyway. Vincent I've loved you since we were children. I always knew I wanted us to be together forever, I just didn't think you could ever want me in return. Once I promised you that I'd marry you. If you'll still have me, I'd like to make that promise again." Inside the box was a small plain silver band. It was nothing fancy, being that they were still in college, but to me.. It was everything.

"Of course." Lucas slid the ring onto my finger, and stood up, pulling me into a deep kiss. It was my favorite of all of our kisses. With Lucas, a kiss always meant forever, but this one was different. This one was binding, and I was beginning to realize I liked the idea. Our friends around us cheered.

"Get a room!" Marty yelled after a moment, and we pulled apart wearing matching smiles, and roaring red blushes. "Let's get this party started!" Marty shifted the music to something with more pep, and Dustin and Hailey came out into the field to join Lucas and I.

"Could I thank Marty?" I asked Lucas.

"Definitely." Lucas nodded, "But come back when you're done, I want everyone to know that you're all mine." I squeezed his hand, and made my way over to Marty, who was fist-pumping to the song, as if he'd known it his whole life.

"I wanted to thank you." I stated.

"After what I did, come on. It was the least I could do."

"I know it couldn'tve been easy..." I began.

"Come on. You give yourself too much credit. I'm way over you." He smirked, "But that Sarah? I might give her a shot."

"Be my guest." I smiled over at Sarah who looked a little left out of the festivities. I didn't think they'd last, but they'd be good together all the same. "And Marty?"

"Yeah?"

"You know I love you right?" And you can always talk to me, or come to me for help, if you need it." I pulled Marty into a tight hug, wrapping my arms up around his neck. It felt good to be made up with Marty, and I did love him. Not in the same way as Lucas, but I'd always love Marty.

"I love you too." Marty whispered.

"What was that?" I teased.

"I'm not repeating it." He grinned, then scuffed up my hair, "Yo Sarah!" He called turning around. I chuckled slightly to myself, knowing he'd be more than alright. A slow song came on, and Lucas snuck up behind me.

"May I have this dance?" He asked.

"Of course you can." I smiled warmly at him. We made our way towards the other two couples, and I laid my head on his shoulders, taking in his wonderful scent.

"I'm in love with you, Vinny." He repeated.

"I'm in love with you too, Lucas." I squeezed his hand. He drew me in for another quick chaste kiss on the lips.

"You know what I'm looking forward to?"

"No what?" I asked.

"Spending the rest of my life, just like this. Because I'm yours Vinny, I always have been, and I always will be." He stated, staring into my soul with his deep blue eyes. I wanted to get lost in them forever. I let my hand trail up into his soft blonde hair.

"And don't you forget it." I teased, then pulled him in for a quick kiss, hopeful I'd get to do that a million more times.

The End

(N/A) Wow. That's it. This book has been a roller coaster, and I love these character so much. This is the second book I've ever finished on this page, and that makes me unbelievably excited. If you liked this book please consider checking out Possessive, and if you're looking for something different check out Boarding School Boys. Anyway having this done is an amazing feeling. Comment down below if you liked this I'd be open to one of two options, either a sequel about Vinny studying 'abroad' for a year, and going to live with his dad in California and the dealings of a long term relationship, or a spin off that centers around Marty and his checkered past. Vote in the comments if you want. I will most definitely be having an epilogue attached to this book, perhaps two if I'm feeling saucy, so stay tuned, and thanks for being here!