yellow

I awoke on Christmas morning to a soft kiss, pressed onto my forehead in such a way that it lingered for a moment after Remus pulled away

I awoke on Christmas morning to a soft kiss, pressed onto my forehead in such a way that it lingered for a moment after Remus pulled away. I smiled before my eyelids rose and I was met with his honey colored eyes, hovering inches above my face.

"Good morning, my love."

It was a small change, no more than two letters. 'My love' as opposed to 'love'. But it was different nonetheless. 'Love', while endearing, was surface level. Remus had just reset our relationship entirely, using no more than one possessive adjective.

"What?" He asked with a curious smile. "What are you analyzing now?"

"Nothing," I said quietly. "Merry Christmas."

He smiled a little wider before leaning down and kissing me again. Remus was good at those, the little kisses. He gave them out often. Even so, each one equally lit up my insides and fluttered all across the surface of my skin.

"Ready to go down for presents?"

"No," I groaned, throwing my arms around his neck and pulling him down so he was laying on the pillow beside me. "Do we have to get up?"

He chuckled and brushed away the hair that had concealed my face in the dramatic gesture.

"Okay," he caved, his words spoken barely above a whisper.

"Yay," I cheered softly, kissing his bare shoulder before laying my head on it, my forehead resting against his jawline.

I love laying with you, I thought, my fingers holding his sleepy and smiling face. But I didn't say it, because I had drifted off again.

When I was ready, Remus excitedly clamored out of bed, ordering me to stay for a moment.

I giggled as he rushed to his closet, rashly pushing aside sweatshirts and shoes before pulling out two red sets of something plaid.

"Here," he said innocently, sitting beside me on the edge of his bed.

I pushed myself upright and unfolded the pants.

"A Lupin tradition," he explained proudly, showing me his pair.

I love your family, I thought, slipping my legs into the soft material and admiring the pajamas - the Lupin pajamas - in the mirror. But I didn't say it, because Remus interrupted me.

"Wait," he instructed when I put my hand on the doorknob.

He plucked his Poloroid camera off of his bureau and crossed the room to stand behind me in the mirror. His arms looped over my shoulders, so the camera was in front of me while he was behind.

"Silly faces or cute ones?" I asked, leaning my head back on one of his arms to properly look at him.

"One of each?" He suggested.