Pre-Prologue

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

She looked gorgeous in black.

He looked charming in black.

She was his only love.

He made her fall in love.

She taught him how to trust.

He taught her how to be happy.

Together, they had the most adorable kids.

I'd say it all started with an AGREEMENT, An Agreement based on Clauses, not Promises. An Agreement hanging on Compromises, not Love. An Agreement confined by Secrets, not Faith.

Yet, here they stand.

Stronger than ever.
Sweeter than before.
Confident as ever.
More in Love with every passing moment.

Hands in Hands, with an oath, spoken by none yet known by both.

An Oath of Promise To Love Unconditionally.
An Oath of Promise To Protect Each Other's Secrets.
An Oath of Promise To Fight When It's The Need Of Hour, Yet An Oath of Promise To Make Up For The Same.

Life couldn't be better for the two, yet the happiness doesn't last forever, it never does. It is like a fleeting phase, changing forms and shifting ways.
No one in the world is that lucky.

Tonight they stand together, hands intertwined, but their eyes can't conceal that achingly oblivious pain.

They stand beneath a mesmerizing aura of a gigantic - glittering chandelier, a crowd cheering for them and of course a loving family.

It's their 26th wedding anniversary.
Celebration of 26 long erratic yet wonderful years of togetherness and love and understanding.

In front of them are their friends who were always there when times were crucial, their parents to scold them when they were wrong and then their children, who definitely have grown up with elegance and intelligence inherited from them, always composed and vigilant in the need to an hour.

They both had everything that a normal couple would ever dream of. Yet, behind all the glamour, fame and wealth they had lost a terrible battle.

Tonight wasn't the night to remember what happened 6 and a half years ago. Tonight was a night to celebrate those 26 glorious years, yet it didn't feel like a celebration.

It was just a put up smile, their heart wasn't at rest even for a moment since then.

" Mumma, Papa...." It was their lovely 21-year-old daughter. She was mature beyond her age. Tonight, in a light princess pink off-shoulder dress she looked like a princess, and her proud parents couldn't be happier.

"... You've been the most amazing parents to us. Thank you wouldn't be enough you know that. Hope you always stay forever in love and cheerful. Love you, always. " They were surrounded by loud roars and applauds.

Next, were Jaai and Mir followed by Piya and Zara to give them toast. A magnificent dinner with cuisines from all over the world was served. Everyone was surrounded by extravagance.

It was a marvellous night where they danced to the sweet melody of romantics and swayed to the symphonies of mystic ballads.

" Guys... " Came up a deep husky voice of an extraordinarily handsome man with jet black hair and a dimpled smile that could make my sane mind swoon, a perfect amalgam of his parents.

Ayan.

" Thank you all for embracing this night with your presence and making it so memorable not only for us but for our Mumma and Papa. There are still many more to come. Love You and a very happy anniversary guys." Ahana mouthed him a Love You with a flying kiss.

" Here Papa..." He handed him the mike.

" Evening, friends and family. It's been lovely here, tonight with you all. A blessing indeed. Ahana has been my backbone since we met. It just feels like yesterday when we met in this very house, yet 26 years have flown. Times can be critical but, it teaches, it heals, it shows compassion, it deepens our love and trust...

With every passing moment, my love for Ahana has crossed shaky bridges and traversed tough terrain. She is the very reason for my existence. She is the very reason that my kids adore me as their father. At every step we took, we not only turned our weaknesses into strength but together we created our own small world.

Tonight, I just wish to take this opportunity to say, I love you Ahana, and it just keeps on growing with every second. And thanks for being there for me... Always and forever. "

He kissed her on her cheek and she blushed red like a teenager.

" Mumma... " His son gestured her.

" Well, Ansh has always been the one to complete me. It might have not been love at first sight but does it really matter now that we are here and abundantly blessed. There's nothing more to add than, I love you too. Thanks for being the prince charming you've been for wonderful 26 years. " It was followed by laughs and more cheers and ringing of champagne flutes signalling for them to kiss, which they did.
Ansh was never the shy one to hide his feelings as he deeply passionately kissed her wife of 26 years making her feel the butterflies again.

Ayan signalled the DJ to play the music and in seconds the dance floor was tapping with heals of stilettos and shoes.

Ansh asked Ahana's hand for a dance, and together they swayed slowly on the soft music. The dim light ambience enveloped them in plain sight wrapping from everyone gazes.
Ahana's head rested on his chest, while his hand wrapped around her slender waist. Both of them had aged beautifully well.

He felt her heart as the first tear of her eye touched his navy blue tuxedo and she was aware that his heart ached more than he could ever express his love for her.

It was a benign pain, yet hurtful than a thousand needles pierced at the same time.

From the corner of their eyes, they both noticed what the rest of the others failed to.

Their beautiful girl, Aavya, entertaining the guests with pure diligence and grace, with firm handshakes and accepting air kisses.

And their handsome boy, Ayan, bold, smart and responsible. Mature enough to handle their business as well as the family at such a tender age. He was having a serious chat with the business partners while occasionally escorting the family members to their assigned table.

But, a pearl necklace no matter how expensive or gorgeous, is incomplete without all of its pearls in proper alignment and place.

One of their pearls was missing, maybe it was lost perhaps. And nothing seemed in place without it.

Among their three proud possessions, Aavya, Ayan and Aman, the eldest one was missing. And even after all those years, the pain was still excruciating.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Hey! Lovely Readers...

Hoping you liked this tiny teaser. Let me know your thoughts. Prologue will be out soon.

Add this book in your library to not miss any updates!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment & Share!

Luv... ♥
Vruksha.