Twenty Two - Time For Murder (and other sins)

Many things happened at the same time.

The hand that had been holding the knife dropped lifelessly, Jungkook lunged forward and rammed the hilt of his scythe into Ponytail's crotch, making him topple over screaming and Namjoon landed right next to you, expression weirdly strained.

You were about to turn and look what happened to the guy holding you hostage, but Jungkook was in front of you within the blink of an eye, dropping his weapon to pin you against him, hand coming up to gently press your head against his shoulder.

"Don't turn around, Chickie." He whispered close to your ear, lips pressed into your hair.

His words made you freeze when realization hit hard. But who-

"You're quite the reckless one, Jeon." Taehyung's voice spoke behind you, sounding worn though he tried really hard to keep his cool.

A third person landed behind you, "Ah, Tae, what a mess." That was Yeji speaking.

"Shut up." The man snapped, "I think I'm gonna throw up."

"Quit being so dramatic." The girl chirped and you heard Taehyung yelp as if someone hit him.

You felt Jungkook let go of you hesitantly, now finally able to see the look on his face. You saw relief, above everything, but also worry.

"Close your eyes, Y/N." Namjoon ordered softly, "I'll help you, come on."

No. Why were you the only one being treated like a little child?

"It's fine." You said, "I'm okay." Though you were shaking when you finally turned.

The sight in front of you was sickening. Taehyung had cut off the man's head cleanly, blood still pooling out of the lifeless body that was laying on the ground in an unnatural pose.

This was way worse than the prowler you killed. This had been a real, feeling and thinking human. Taehyung just killed someone.

"Ew." You managed to choke out, making Jungkook behind you laugh out shortly, before he cleared his throat.

"Uh, sorry." His hand touched your shoulder, "Will you really be okay?"

Probably not, "Yeah."

His unimpressed look told you that he clearly didn't believe you, "Go with Joon. I'll be there in a minute."

"Come on." Namjoon smiled at you warmly, "Let's leave."

___

Jungkook kicked the head, making it roll a few inches away, "Clean cut, gotta give it to you." He mumbled directed at Taehyung.

Latter didn't answer, busy with inspecting the guy whose head Jungkook had smashed into the wall.

"You killed him." Taehyung stated dryly.

"Didn't mean to." Jungkook answers curtly.

"You didn't mean to." Taehyung repeated.

"Used a lil too much force."

"Yeah..." Taehyung dragged slowly, "Clearly."

What was that supposed to mean? Jungkook frowned.

"You were... pretty cute with the girl just now." Taehyung said, clearing his throat, "Didn't expect you to be so, uh, soft."

"Am not." Jungkook grunted, turning around towards the barricaded entrance.

"But you care for her." Taehyung stated.

"Of course I do." What was his point? He was being weird.

The blond hummed, following him inside, "You talk more now."