Your Battle is my Battle

Vote and Lmk what you think <3

"So, you wanna know why he thinks I'm a failure?"

Tamaki frowned while starring out the glassy window and onto the view of the rest of campus. He turns around, fully equipped in his uniform and hand rested on hilts rested on the side hip.

He can see Yuta and Maki have a chat about what Suguru Getou said about her. He thinks about his comments a day ago and it still makes him upset. The three stood in a lonely classroom since classes were cancelled all week.

"I was kinda wondering that, yeah."

Tamaki and Maki exchange silence contact. She nods a bit, reassuring it's okay for her to tell her story.

"You've heard of the noble families, right?"

Yuta puts a hand to his chin, but truth to be told, he had no clue of any.

"I-I honestly don't know." He admits with his head down. Maki doesn't take offense. Probably for the best, she thinks.

"Her family, Zenin, are one of the noble families." Tamaki chimed in, refusing to leave his gaze out the window. "Maki is the daughter to the second-in-line head. His brother, Naobito is its current head."

"I see.." He then looks at Maki. "Then why did he say that-"

"Cause I wasn't gifted with curse energy. No innate technique. Nothing." She says bluntly. She reaches for her glasses, taking them off for a moment and observing it closely.

"I can only see spirits using these glasses. My weapons are already imbued with energy without me having to have any..

That's why they all find me a failure."

"B-But that's wrong! Aren't they your family?"

"They are and yet they treat me like a stranger. It's why I left.." She says with a sigh. She thinks of the time when she walked out of Naobito's room and kept marching forward, even without bidding her little sister goodbye.

She had to make sacrifices, all at the cost of wanting to prove them all wrong.

"But I guess, I wasn't too alone." She looks on, staring at Tamaki. "I had him."

Yuta looks at him too with a small smile.

"Tamaki took me in when I had nowhere to go. He taught me I wasn't alone in the world, really."

Tamaki turns his heel and gives a grin to her.

"Haha, yeah. And in a way, she helped me too. She too made me feel like I wasn't alone."

"Not the only outsider, right?" Maki chuckled and so did he.