Helping Hands(ch.33)

As James and Sirius rushed over to the brown haired boy, you looked at him more intently, still unsure whether you should even be there. Cautiously peeking over at Remus, you saw he had cuts all along his face and across his bare torso. He began weeping as the two boys, hauled him up, causing him to cry in pain.

"Sorry Remmy" James whispered.

"Be careful-" Sirius scolded,

"Yeah i'm trying"

That was when it clicked.

He was a werewolf. Of course he was a werewolf, you thought. That explained the howling and the scratches on the walls.

You were still stood there, mouth slightly agape, looking at the three. What were you supposed to say to someone after you found out they're a werewolf? Really, you should've guessed it sooner, as you remembered back, the dots started connecting. Remus would always look ill on a full moon, he was covered in faint scars and not to mention the most obvious part of it all which was his nickname. You were rather annoyed that you hadn't figured it out, no wonder you weren't in Ravenclaw.

"Y/n can you erm.. maybe stay in front to watch out for anyone when we get back to the castle" Sirius asked nervously.

"Sure.. yeah" you nodded, walking out of the room and going back down the path you originally came, the boys following.

Sirius sighed with relief, he didn't want you to freak out, it would've broke him if you did. Nothing comes between him and his friends and he didn't want to have to let you go because of it.

"I think she took it well" James whispered to Sirius, whilst Remus was still clinging on to the both of them, semiconscious.

"Yeah, it could've been worse"

"A lot worse"

Sirius hummed in response,

"How do you think Moony'll take it?" James asked, dirt crumbling beneath his feet, making him lose his balance for a split second, but effortlessly regaining it.Sirius offered him a questionable look,"I'm fine" he scowled

Chuckling," I don't think he'll mind, they get on pretty well them two and well i trust her, so, i don't see any reason why he shouldn't." Sirius spoke, glancing over at the boy with the glasses.

"Exactly"

Arriving back at the whomping willow, you peered back at the trio behind you. Remus' arms were wrapped around the boys shoulders, blood dripping down his body. You quickly looked away, feeling a pang of guilt in your chest.
Your entire life, you'd been brought up to believe that werewolves were wild creatures, that tear apart and destroy everything. Your parents had never wanted you associating yourself with werewolves and vampires and merpeople, basically anyone who might be interesting.
They were always depicted as evil and incapable of feeling emotions, as things, not people. Stories of how they'd attack innocent people and how they should be feared, were the only stories you'd ever heard of them.

Thinking about the tall boy behind you,  you began to question your original stance on the topic. It was Remus. Remus wouldn't hurt a fly. He was kind and considerate and hated violence. Surely if he was a lycanthrope and was still a good person, then that means that maybe others are too.
What am i doing? you thought, finding the whole situation bizarre.

The walk to the castle was cold and dark, and because you were the only one with a free pair of hands, you had to light the way. You were tired and desperately wanted to go to bed, acknowledging that you weren't going to get to sleep after all.

Finally, you got to the hospital wing. You looked behind you to check that you should open the door, James nodded in response. Opening the door, you pushed it open for the boys to go in, watching as they scrambled to the beds laying their friend down. Peter bringing bowls of water and cloths for the other two to use.