NEW YORK

D O M I N I C  P O V

Arrived at the hotel where I'm staying with Stevie, and we have the media following our every move.

Stood waiting for the receptionist to hand over the key to our room as people stop and stare at us. "Sunny," I said, and he makes hand signals to the other bodyguards to shield us from prying eyes. 

Stevie stands close and bows her head when the other guests point their mobiles towards us to take photos. "Dominic, can't we go to another hotel?" Stevie whispered in a trembled voice. "Okay," I nod to the bodyguards, pulling Stevie tight to my side, locking my arm tight to her. 

Leaving the building is a nightmare, with the paparazzi everywhere in our faces as we step towards the limo. "Dominic." They shout, wanting a photo as we slide into the back of the limo and head to another hotel.

It would be safer if I purchased a condo or penthouse, but I don't visit New York that often. Take a deep breath as Stevie shakes her head, "Stevie, I'm sorry baby." She tilts her head, smiles, and her lips open about to say something when the car comes to an abrupt stop flinging us in our seats.

Glanced out the windows to watch what the hell is going on when out of nowhere the door opens with a masked guy and a smoke bomb thrown in. Grab Stevie and bend our heads as we coughed, but we need to exit the car.

Grabbed Stevie's hand tight and yanked her from the car, pulling her tight to me as the bodyguards come running towards us to shield. 

Sunny is on his guard and shouts at the others to take their places. But with all the commotion around us, I lose my grip with Stevie. 

Frantically searching around me to catch a glimpse of her, but the smoke is not helping my vision. "Sunny, Stevie's gone," I shout frantically, and step back to the car. My heart is racing my body, heated from fear. "Where the fuck is my wife?" I shout forgetting in a split second, no one knows, but I couldn't care less, I wanted my wife. 

Sunny placed his hand on my shoulder, "Dominic, we'll find her." He said glancing at the other bodyguards. Shake my head and comb my fingers through my hair. "Please Sunny, just find her," I plead, and he nods.  

A short while later, the police showed up and questioned us, but we're not getting anywhere. "Mr Davenport, where would Stevie go? Does she know anyone?" Shake my head to his question, "This is the first time Stevie's been to New York, and she knows no one. She's got a handful of friends," I said and glanced over to Sunny, who shakes his head.

Rub my face and lean against the car, "Do you know anyone who would take Stevie?" Shake my head and getting pissed off with his line of questioning. "Please, just find my wife," He stares at me, "Wife?" He questioned. "Yes, Stevie and I are married. We married in secret because of my Ex," My voice fades out thinking about Mylean. "She's behind this," I said, and take a deep breath.

The detective stares at me trying to read my body language. "My Ex, Mylean, is jealous, and she's tried a number of things to split us up, but she doesn't know we are married. It's the reason we married in secret because we realised she would try to sabotage the wedding in any way she can," I said as my head bowed and my eyes stare at the floor.

He shakes his head and steps away to his other colleagues who questioned the bodyguards. Sunny steps towards me, "Dominic, if it's Mylean, we will find her," Nod at him, and he turns to Nod to the other bodyguards. "Sunny, we need to get to a hotel, and I hope Stevie contacts me," I said, and slide into the limo.

*****

 Sit gazing at my mobile, waiting to be contacted by either Stevie or the police, but I hear nothing and it's dark.