35. Perspective

Cosette's eyes fluttered open to see that George was true to his word. He hadn't gotten up before she did and was still fast asleep in bed next to her. She laid in bed for a minute, listening to the sounds of the burrow while trying to see if anyone else was awake.

    She knew that she'd have to come up with a story if Ginny asked where she fell asleep.

    If Cosette was lucky, no one had been downstairs yet. Cosette could always say that she fell asleep on the couch. Everyone was definitely going to question why George was there and she couldn't necessarily admit to sleeping in the same bed as him.

    But the longer she laid awake, the more of a chance they had of being caught.

    Cosette glanced at George's arm that was draped over her body. She didn't want to wake him but she had to leave the room. Carefully, she took hold of his wrist and lifted it off of her as she started to slide out of bed. The second that she placed her feet on the ground, George sat up in a panic.

    Cosette stood next to the bed and watched as George frantically looked around, trying to make sense of his surroundings before running his hands through his hair and looking at Cosette.

    "Why am I at the burrow?"

    Cosette didn't have a good answer for him, but she also wasn't expecting him to wake up and forget everything from the night before. Her mouth parted slightly, but nothing came out and George slid out of bed and started to look for his clothes.

    "Setty why the fuck am I here?" George asked her again, but louder this time. Cosette backed up as he grabbed his pants that were on the ground in front of her. "Why does my head hurt so fucking much? I don't get hangovers and I don't-" George looked at Cosette again, "Why aren't you saying anything?"

    "What am I supposed to say?" She asked him, but Cosette knew to keep her voice down.

    George furrowed his eyebrows and took a step closer as he mimicked the level she spoke at, "Why are you whispering?"

    "Because your sister is right next door and the rest of your family is probably awake and I don't need them to know that we slept together!" Cosette explained harshly while still trying to stay quiet, but it only caused George to glance back at bed.

    "We slept together?"

    "Are you-" Cosette was completely dumbfounded. How much of last night did he even remember? "George we fucked in your stockroom."

    He exhaled deeply and Cosette could tell he was starting to grow frustrated with what she was saying but Cosette hadn't even done anything wrong, "I know that, Setty. I mean, did we sleep together again?"

    "By sleep you mean-"

    "Fuck," George clarified. "Did we fuck?"

    He really had no recollection of showing up at the burrow. Which meant, he probably had no idea about any of the things he told her. Cosette tried to ignore the sinking feeling in her chest because even if George didn't remember what he said, she liked to think that he meant it at the time.

    George raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer and Cosette shook her head, "No. We just fell asleep."

    "Okay," he nodded his head as a breath of relief escaped his lips. "Good."

    Good?

    Last night all he wanted was for Cosette to stay with him and he talked about how hard he was for her and now he was thankful that they didn't have sex. Cosette's jaw dropped at how fast his motives changed but she didn't have time to question it as George made his way to the door.