Nightmare

Delilah pov.

I walked into the hospital room where Ma laid. She looked at me and smiled. I teared up and walked toward her. My arms clasped around her as I climbed into the bed with her.

Ma ran her hand through my hair as I curled into her side. "I missed you." I said and felt her kiss the top of my head.

"Are you taking good care of yourself love?" She asked. I nodded and laced my hand in hers. We laid in silence as I breathed in her cocoa scent.

I sat up and looked at Ma. Her skin was softly flaking away. "M-Ma?" I asked and went to touch her. All of the skin on her arm ashed away. I let out a scream as the only thing left was her skeleton.

I backed off the bed and landed on the floor with a thud. Her lifeless body got up and grabbed me by my wrist. I screamed as tears ran down my face. "Ma please!" I screamed and tried to pull her hand away.

The tips of her skeleton fingers dug into my wrist, cutting the skin. I let out a horrible sob as I tried to fight her. She landed on top of me and grabbed my throat. I shut my eyes tightly.

Ma began to choke me. I gasped for breath as she chocked me harder. My body began to flake away as I tried to breathe.

All of a sudden, my body started to shake as I heard a voice. "Delilah! De! Wake up." My eyes shot opened to see Damon shaking me. I grasped my throat as I tried to breath but I couldn't.

I tried to talk but everything came out a squeaks. "Breathe De. Take a deep breath." Damon said and took one. I tried to follow the movements but it didn't work. I clenched my jaw and turned my body.

Everything was blurry. "Hey! I need someone in here now!" Damon yelled and placed his hands on my chest. He began CPR. I couldn't see what was happening. I couldn't even tell what was happening.

Someone rushed in followed by another. Damon was yelling as everything went black.

---

A sob woke me from the painful sleep I had fallen in. I peeled my eyes open to see Damon with blotchy eyes and tears running down his face. I wanted to say something but my mouth wouldn't move. It was almost as if I couldn't move at all. He was looking at me. Nothing. I tried to move but my body wouldn't.

My eyes closed as I couldn't hold them open anymore.

---

Once my eyes opened again, I could finally move. Damon was no longer here with me. The bed felt cold without him. Instead I saw the new maid sitting at the edge of the bed. She hadn't noticed I was awake. I stared at her back.

Her long hair was tied into a braid. I didn't move. Her body was shaking. A heard a soft giggle come from her.

I slowly breathed in. She stopped. My heart stopped when she turned around. A smirk spread across her face. I gasped and slowly felt around the edge of the bed.

My pocket knife slowly came to my fingers. I grasped it and pulled my hand back. She crawled up to me so we were face to face.

Her ragged breath blew against mine. Her breath smelled of vodka. I felt her tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You know... Once you're gone he'll be all mine. You can go away just like your precious Ma did. And you'll only hurt more and more until you're gone." She slurred and pulled a gun from behind her and pressed it against my head.

I started to sob. She smirked before pulling away a bit. She grabbed my arm and pushed the knife from it. My protection gone.

I never really thought I'd go out like this. But least I can be with Ma again. We can finally be together and I won't ever have to worry again.

I squeezed my eyes shut and let my body relax as the click of the gun scared me.

"Say goodbye." Shannon said. I prayed and listened.

In a flash, the door swung open and she went flying. I saw Richie on top of her. He punched her in the face over and over.

"I know you weren't just going to kill Delilah you blood sucking hoe!" He screamed and choked her. I could tell he was holding back, to not kill her. I slowly sat up and crawled off the bed, holding the sheets close to me. I ran down the hallway before bumping into Damon. He grasped me and held me close.

Richie dragged Shannon out of the room with the gun in her hand. She was crying.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Damon asked and lifted me off of my feet. I curled my face into his neck and sobbed.

"This piece of shit was holding a gun to Delilah's head. So I took her out. It was my job and I'm only doing what I was told." Richie said and smiled. His hands were bloody.

"I knew there was something wrong. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Put her in the basement. I'll be there soon. I'll end this problem as fast as it was created." Damon said and clenched his jaw.

"Wait! Please Damon. Give me a chance. I'll change. Please don't do this to me. You was supposed to be mine. Not this little hoe's!" Shannon screamed and tried and pull from Richie's grasp.

I cried into Damon's chest as he carried me back to the room. "She was going to kill me." I said. "And I accepted it too." I hiccuped and dug my fingernails into my palms.

"I know there is a lot going on and I should've paid more attention to her because now I could've lost you to some jealous bitch who can't take anything." Damon growled and set me down. I curled up on the bed and pulled myself into a ball. The sheets surrounded me.

"Look at me. Delilah." I glanced at his shirt unable to look at him.

"Look at me damnit!" Damon said louder.

I looked him in the eyes. They were glossy. "I could've lost you. Listen to me. If I have to, I will tie you to this bed to keep from having anything happen to you. I know this is hard. And I've lost a lot of people too. But in life, it's only gonna get harder." He said and pulled me into his arms.

"It's only going to get better from here." He whispered and kissed my cheek.