[Volume 1] Chapter 14

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus war, more popularly known as the Great  War.

He says speeding up to the front of the class and the map covered in papers behind his desk.

Oobleck: Humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie.

He shouts as he points at the map of said-area with his stick, then zooms off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk.

Oobleck: Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!

He zooms around the classroom more, sipping his coffee again before continuing to zoom and talk.

Y/N looks at the teacher, Confused at what he's seeing.

Y/N: What's in his coffee?

He thought.

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Some of the students raise their hands. Velvet, after a moment, does the same.

Y/N seen this and gritted his teeth knowing that his family had a large part to play in this.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!

He takes another sip of his coffee before continuing.

Oobleck: I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang ! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: Hey!

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus......had over that guy's stuff..." 

He noticed Y/N pointing to Pyrrha he looks over and sees Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes and goes for the most obvious answer.

Jaune: Uhh... Binoculars!

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck, now back at the front of the class sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk while chortling.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Y/N sneers at Cardin and replies.

Y/N: If all the soldiers were as weak as you I'm not surprised they lost. 

Pyrrha: You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?

Cardin: What? You got a problem?

Pyrrha: No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured.