54

I watched as Adrianna came into the room, making Xavier look at her too. She had a sly smirk on her face.

"You know, I will enjoy watching you kill the love of your life, Addison." My eyes widened, tears brimming. "I mean, I would love to see you become heartless again. You got 24 hours before I make you do it."

Another guard came in, unlocking our hands from the ceiling. I immediately fell, making Xavier worry. I watched as they did his, a gun pointing at his head. They soon left before Xavier would attack them. He came over to me, pulling me to his chest.

"She's sick." I whispered. A sob escapes my lips, making him look at me. Tears streamed down my face.

"Hey, it's okay. It's going to be okay."

"You don't know that." 

"I may not know it, but it will soon be okay."

"She's gonna make me kill you." I say, before burying my head into his chest.

"I know. I know, Addison."

"I gotta tell you something." He says, once my tears stop running down my cheeks.

Xavier

I watched as she slowly picked her head up, looking at me.

"I love-"

"Don't. Do not say it." She says, shaking her head. "You can not say those three words. You say them, I will never speak to you again."

"Addison-"

"No. Okay? You can't say them. You can't say them until-until we're out." My eyes softened. "You can not say them." I slowly nod.

"Okay. I won't say them." I whispered, softly. She sat next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder. I leaned my head on hers, taking in a huge breath.

Her breathing evened out a few seconds later. I kissed her forehead, leaning back against the wall.

"I love you, Addison." I whispered before closing my eyes.

Meanwhile...

Third person pov

Adrian ran into the dining room, where everybody was picking at their food.

"I got it!" He yelled, over and over again. Everybody looked at him. "I got the password. So you know how Addison changed it and everything, right? Well, I went to her apartment and started snooping around. Not like a stalker person but to try to find different things. So I walked into this one room right? A bunch of paintings littered the entire room. Some on walls, some on the ground. I wasn't about to snoop because it was a private room and it was locked. Anyway-"

"Adrian, what was the password?" Dante asks, calmly.

"I'm getting there. So, I snooped the rest of the penthouse, then I went back to that room because it was practically calling my name. I started searching through the paintings, seeing if things were hidden in the back or anything. Her artist name. The one she used a few years ago. Emerald. I don't know what to do now but I hacked in."

Adrian put the computer onto the table, making Chris get up. After all, he likes to hack.

He started going to town, while the others didn't know what he was doing besides Adrian. He was chewing down food. Even in serious situations, he's always hungry.

"Adrian, you did a good job." Dante says, patting him on the back.

After a few hours of Chris trying to locate her, he finally got the location. Now everybody was in the living room, trying to figure out a game plan. All of the mafia leaders were pitching in.

"I'm not gonna go." Dante said, after a while. Everybody looked at him. "I don't have a lot of energy from the treatment. I'm gonna stay back with Vanessa and the kids. You need me, you call me. I'll be there. Besides, I can protect Vanessa and the kids from where we're gonna be at."

Marco nods, liking that idea. He was already worried about his wife and his kid. He had a feeling something was gonna go south. He didn't want to lose Vanessa and his kid. He knew Addison would like Dante staying with them.

"Okay dad." Darius says, softly.

Everybody in that room knew Dante was going to step down soon, and if he did, that would mean Darius would step up, taking over the mafia like the heir he is. Darius would have to lead everything, without his father's control. He would have to make the decisions from here on out if Dante stepped down.

"Does anybody else have a feeling?" Marco asks, speaking up. Everybody looked at him.

"Yeah. Something will go wrong but we have everything covered. Adrianna is behind this. Addison and Xavier are where it says they are. Vanessa and the kids will be guarded with Dante. What else are we missing here?" Elijah says, confused.

"What are we missing though?" Leo asks, confused. "It has to be right in front of our eyes, right? It has to be."

"We may not be missing anything." Marcus says, quietly. "We may just think we're missing something."

"Why don't we go fresh up and sleep. We need all our energy tonight." Dante spoke with no emotions.

Everybody was feeling something even if they didn't think they did. Everybody wanted Addison and Xavier back.

Emily came into the living room with Vanessa and her baby boy. Emily ran over to Dante, making him pick her up. She had a bright smile on her face.

"I planted flowers!" She says, happily. "Mommy likes the purple ones. Purple tulips."

"Yeah?" She nods, grinning.

"Well, I want to see the flowers." Dante says, walking out of the living room.

Everybody looked at each other, frowning.

"You heard him. Go home and save your energy. We leave at midnight." Darius said.

I'm sad to say that this book is almost over. Just a few more chapters then I'll be over. I will be doing an Epilogue and some bonus chapters.

Leave some suggestions for the bonus chapters. I'm not sure what I want to write for it yet so leave what you want to see.

The next chapter is going to be the climax. The fight chapter and all of that glory.

How did you like this chapter?

Have a good night or day!