//Chapter 19//

THE CROWD SILENCED as the two royals entered the ballroom, their eyes quickly went to Athanasia who slightly shook in nervousness, froze in place which didn't go unnoticed by Claude.

Claude glanced at her before sending a cold stare to the crowd of nobles who felt chill go down their spine and they quickly bowed to the two.

"I can make them keep their heads down like that untill the ceremony is over if you want."

Athanasia quickly declined, feeling guilty for the other girls that dressed up for their debutante.

The two walked and talked to each other, Claude listing the embarrassing things that Athanasia had done.

After reaching the bottom of the stairs, they proceeded to walk to the center of the ballroom and the nobles formed a circle with them in the middle.

The two faced each other and bowel before getting in position, the music played soon after.

Athanasia's lips quirked into a smile and decided to brag her skills for a bit "Daddy you have no idea how good I am at dancing. Prepare to be surprised."

"Madame Pampidou complimented me everyday untill my ears bled. . ." The two froze for a bit as Athanasia misstepped, resulting her to stomping her heels on Claude's foot.

Athanasia became off balance and was about to fall but Claude saved her from the embarrassment by holding her waist and twirl her in the air, shocking Athanasia and the nobles, the prince still unnoticed by the rest, smiled at the scene in front of him.

The dance continued with Claude teasing Athanasia and Athanasia stepping on Claude's foot once more.

The dance ended and the crowd clapped enthusiastically.

Claude helped Athanasia stand up and complimented her at the same time, causing the nobles to gasp and making Athanasia nervous as she asked Claude if there's something with how she look, Claude complimented her again sending the nobles to another shock.

The silent hall was filled again but with the sound of the piano followed by a serene and slightly deep voice, they looked over at where it came from and saw the Prince playing the piano, his long slender fingers dancing on the keys.

The Prince turned and smiled warmly at Athanasia and Claude before turning back to continue his performance.

The crowd of nobles listened carefully and enjoyed the Prince's performance in silence. A noble with jet black hair hiding behind a pillar smiled softly while listening.

The performance ended and the Prince stood up, walking down the steps gracefully to his father and sister

He bowed before smiling at them once again "Happy Birthday Sister, I apologize for not joining your private party."

"*giggles* It's alright Brother! At least your here now."

"Athanaris. What a splendid performance." Claude called out making the whitenette turn to him.

He walked closer to his father and hugged him, the other hugging back while smiling a little and earning gasps of surprise from the nobles, having never seen the emperor give so much affection to someone and because it's their first time seeing him smile. "Thank you. Good evening father."

The two released the hug and Athanaris once again turned to Athanasia, offering a hand.

"May I have this dance?" He asked, smiling charmingly at his sister.

Athanasia dazedly nodded, too dazzled by his brother's face.

The music once again played and the two danced, Athanasia not making a single mistake, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of her brother.