Chapter 5 - Race is Confused Cause- Love

- Chapter 5 - Cause and Affect; Cute Boys -
Warnings: Slight injuries, confusion
Third Person POV

Spot walks inside with Knobs after being nominated to grab ice.

Race had fallen and his knee, though he wouldn't admit it hurt, was swelling up quickly.

Spot was talking with Albert, when he heard a yell.

They turn to see what had happened and saw Race laying on the ground.

Jack drops what he was doing and runs over to him, Specs already next to Race.

Spot and Albert share a look, before they go over to them as well.

"What happened?" Specs asks hurriedly.

Race takes deep breaths. "I just fell." He explains. "I'm fine." He pushes Specs' hands away from him.

Jack pulls up his pant leg, finding Race's knee already bright red and yellow.

He cringes. "That's not fine. That's going to get worse quickly." He states.

Race sighs deeply. "Course it is." He mutters.

Knobs ran to the basement to get ice, snapping Spot out of his flashback and leaving him in the living room, alone and awkward.

Hannah and Medda came into the room.

Hannah smiles when she sees him. "You must be-" she stops for a moment. "Spot? Right?"

Spot nods.

"Antonio told me you were our neighbor." She informs him. "Welcome to the neighborhood. Most of his friends live within three blocks of our house." She informs him.

Spot nods. "They're nice." He informs her.

Hannah chuckles. "I'm glad. If they weren't, I'd probably have to talk to him about that." She responds.

Spot nods.

"Oh, right." Hannah lightly chuckles. "You probably don't know me."

"I'm afraid not, Miss." Spot responds with a polite smile.

"I'm Hannah, Antonio's foster mom." Hannah introduces herself. "This is Medda Larkin, Jack and Crutchie's foster mom."

Medda waves, her smile warm and her movements had a sense of grace to them.

Spot nods. "It's very nice to meet you both."

The two older women smile.

Knobs comes running up with the ice.

Hannah gets concerned quickly when she sees it. "Is everything okay?" She asks.

Knobs turns to face her. "Race tripped."

Hannah frowns a bit.

"His leg is swelling quickly, but he keeps saying it doesn't hurt." Knobs explains.