Chapter 18

"Bye." I wave goodbye to Cece as Alec and I leave her house. Now, we're currently on our way back to mine. Everyone has already left and Alec, Diego, and I were the only ones left, so we decided to watch a movie for a bit before we had to depart. Diego would be staying at Cece's house until night time.

Alec and I walk over to his car and he opens the passenger side door for me. I figured he likes doing it so why stop him? He loads out bag into his trunk and closes it and makes his way over to the driver's side and starts up the car.

After a ride filled with comfortable silence, we arrive at my house. My thoughts drift back to when we were in the shower together. How is fingers were pumping inside of me. I shift in my seat. My mom's car is parked so I know she's home.

I hop out of the car and Alec does the same. He grabs my bag for me and leads me to the front door of my house. I unlock the door and head inside. "You wanna come in?" I ask him.

She shakes his head no. "I gotta head back home. My cousins are visiting today." He says with a sad smile.

"Oh, have fun." I say. Then he wraps his arms around me and we stand there hugging for a while. We hear someone clear their throat from behind me and we break away. I turn around to see my mom with an eyebrow raised and a grin on her face. "Mom hi." I say. I face back to Alec and wave him off as he gets into his car and drives, but not before sending me a wink and a wave.

"He's a good boy." I hear my mom say from beside me. Yeah, indeed he is. Oh the things she doesn't know he did to her daughter. But it's not like I'm going to tell her. That would be a very uncomfortable conversation to have with my mom. We're close but not that close. "Let's make dinner." She says and my ears perked. 

My mom's lunch is the best, no doubt. I love having her cook dinner. And sometimes I would even join her. That's just our way of bonding. It's like a mother daughter bonding time. We cook and talk about things to each other. 

I head inside and close the door behind me. "Let me put my stuff away first." I say and head upstairs to unpack my things. As I put away my shirts, I noticed an oversized shirt that does not belong to me. It has a note attached to the tip of it.

Keep it, I can't wait to see you wearing it 

That little devil. I can't help the smile that forms on my face. I rush to my window and look out. Alec is unloading his stuff when a little girl and a teenage boy rush out and tackle him in a hug. He ruffles up the boy's hair and plants a kiss to the girl's forehead. Those must be his cousins. 

"Briar you done yet?!" I hear my mom shout from downstairs. 

"Yeah!" I shout back and run down the stairs to the kitchen. 

"We're making garlic bread with alfredo pasta. Oh and the neighbors invited us over for dinner. Did you know Alec lived right next door?" My mom asked with a surprised and shocked expression.

"That's cool." I say sarcastically. I knew that obviously but if I told my mom I knew, she would freak out about me not telling her. 

"Yeah, his mother came a couple of hours ago and invited us. Something about his family coming for s visit and why not we join too? It would be a great way for us to get to know his family more." She says with a smile.

Meeting his family wouldn't be bad right? So far they seem like sweet people. "Yeah we should totally go." I say and give her a smile. "But lunch first." I say eagerly and she laughs in response.

♡☺︎♡

"So, how's he treating you?" My mom asks me as I drop the noodles into the boiling water. "Treating you good?"

"Yeah, he's the best I can imagine. And he's nothing like dad, so you have nothing to worry about mom." I say reassuring her. She's been babbling to me about meeting the right guy. She loves me so of course she wouldn't want me to get hurt.

"That's good. So did you guys you know. Do it yet?" She asks gesturing something with hr hand. Then realization hits me. My jaw drops.

"Mom!" I shout and she just laughs it off. "I am not discussing that part of our relationship with you." I say with a playful eyeroll and a smile. 

"But did you?" She asks still laughing.

"No." I reply and giggle as I look at the state she's in. I love these playful banters with my mom. It just feels so wholesome. Like we have nothing to worry about in our lives. It's just the two of us. And I couldn't be more happier.

♡☺︎♡

I received a text from Alec after a nice long shower. It would have been nice if a special someone were to be here.

Alec: Don't be nervous. You're meeting my parents and they already love you.

Gee now I'm nervous. Like what if they like me now but once they see the person I really am and they think I'm not good enough for their son?

Alec: I told you don't be nervous.

Wait how did you know??: Me

Alec: I can see you running your hands through your hair. Don't forget we're neighbors. My rooms directly across from yours. I may or may not have the best view ever. 😉

Whatever. Just don't try anything tonight: Me

Alec: If you're gonna dress like that then I can't help it

Ugh boys.

Okay fine. See you tonight: Me

I look nice right? Like a casual meeting the family dinner. I'm plaid backless cami dress which flows when I turn around. It's a nice and casual dress I got a while ago from Cece for my birthday. I'm still surprise it still fits me after all the junk food I crammed into my stomach.

I grab my purse and put on my sandals and head downstairs. My mom is already waiting for me when I arrive. She looks at me and smiles and we head out the door to Alec's house. We just walked there since it would've been a useless drive since he's about a 3 minutes walk away. Time to meet my boyfriend's parents. 

♡☺︎♡

Hi, the dress above is what Briar is wearing for tonight when she goes to Alec's house. Don't forget to vote and enjoy reading ☺︎