CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

WITH A flick of her wrist, she watched her wine swirl in a circle in her glass.

Elowen couldn't help the feeling of displeasure at the wine's sudden acid bitterness.

Leaning back in her chair, she crossed her legs and let out a content sigh as she looked at the starry night sky. From her view of the land, it was quite beautiful. And one day it would be hers. All hers.

Strong hands were placed on her shoulders and the man who was behind her leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Elowen, my love. Oh how I missed you."

Wrapping his hand under her chin, he lifted her head back to kiss her, but Elowen moved her head to the side just before he could, his lips landing her cheek.

He lifted his head back in surprise and released her from his grasp, "What's wrong?"

She shrugged, "I'm just...irritated is all."

"At what?" He asked, placing his hands on her shoulders again, slowly massaging.

She clicked her tongue and looked down at her hands, "Our plan is going perfectly and falling into motion, and soon, she'll be dead. But it's not happening soon enough."

Koa leaned his head down into her neck, taking a deep breath. "Good things come to those who wait, my love. I promised you you could kill her, and you will."

"Yes I know. But my patient has limits."
"Trust me. Everything you want will come in due time." Koa kissed her neck. "For now, relax and focus on yourself. The stress is not good."

"Oh I'm fine." She scoffed, bringing the glass to her lips.

Before she could take a drink, Koa ripped it away from her, "What are you doing? You can't be drinking this!"

"Says who?"

"The doctor." He snapped, setting the glass down. He moved away from her to stand in-front of her, "It's not good for our little girl."

Elowen chuckled, "It could be a boy, you know."

He shook his head, "No it's not. It's a girl. I want a girl, so it will be a girl."

"Well, I want a boy." She smirked.

He rolled his eyes and squatted in front of Elowen, placing his hands on her knee, "That's not the point. I don't want you drinking this grape blood while you are carrying our baby."

"Okay." She agreed. Koa had been nothing short of an angel since finding out the big news. His expression when talking about it brought her joy.

They were winning.

The so-called bad guys were finally winning and no one could stop them this time. Elowen and Koa of course had their own reasons and justifications for their actions. The line between good and bad became blurred when war and revenge got involved.

Aislin was walking right into their trap, and soon she would die by the hands of the only friend she thought she had.

Elowen could only imagine what it would be like to have her blade drunk with Aislin's blood. It brought her chills of excitement.
When they arrived at Laventhorpe, it would appear they had won, but the real question is did they? Did they really?

Elowen's grin widened and caught Koa's attention. "What is it?"

She chuckled darkly, looking into his deep eyes, "We are going to win this war. And I don't care how many innocents we have to kill to do so."

A mischievous smirk broke out on Koa's face, "I knew there was a reason I fell in love with you."

Koa kissed Elowen fiercely. When they pulled, he whispered breathlessly, "You are the future Queen of Kavan, and they will quake in your presence."

"And bow to me on their knees." Elowen agreed, sighing.

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Hello My Mickey Mouse Club House Members!!❤️

you guys know the song Experience by Ludovico? Well it reminds me of this whole book...This whole thing wrapped up in music it's so prettty.

Ngl i felt really icky writing this chapter. I hate them both so writing a mimi romantic scene between them makes me wanna vomit. But i did it. Thumps up.

I AM DUMB OKAY! I FORGOT THAT MY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY FOR BEING ON WATTPAD WAS LAST MONTH 😭😭😭

Thoughts >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: Favorite song rn?

i'm listening to Post Malones HollyWoods Bleeding album.

I'm in love with it.

Love you all thank you for reading! Xoxox 💋💋

- Mickey ✨