Chapter 02

Who said that the flight would be better if Isabella were to sleep?

Anthony takes his words back. The flight was hell.

Thirty minutes of flying into the sky was calm, peaceful even. Isabella had a crib in the plane so that she could be as comfy as she could possibly be. She was supposed to sleep all throughout the flight and they were supposed to do whatever the hell they want. Rafael was supposed to be intimidated by them all throughout the ride. That was the plan.

Unfortunately, that plan suck. Whoever thought that it would be a peaceful flight was a crappy person who doesn't have any idea of how bad it was to get stuck with a baby on a plane.

Unfortunately, Isabella woke up abruptly after the first thirty minutes, probably because her ears had popped, and she was not happy about it.

Rafael unbuckled himself from the plane seat and started walking up to Isabella's crib. Gently, he lifted her up and went to the  cabin with the little girl, trying to soothe her poor wailings.

Rafael grimaced as he bounced Isabella in his arms. She was crying nonstop and he offered her countless of things. He offered her a bottle of milk, tried to rock her to sleep, gave her bunch of her toys, he even checked her diaper but it was to no avail. The man glanced around the cabin. The only people in there was now the Torres, although, Lucius looked like he was about to jump out of the plane if Isabella were to continue to wail.

The stewardesses and few other staff members had been scared off by the noise Isabella was making. Rafael couldn't really blame the poor people because the cries of an infant really sounds like the loudest thing sometimes.

"I thought that this would be a peaceful flight, Tony?" Elois hissed at his eldest brother, glancing worriedly at the little girl. He wanted to help but he thinks that he wouldn't be much help when he wasn't that skilled with taking care of a baby.

Elois was, after all, the youngest before and he was so used of his family taking care of him.

Well, that's not the only reason.

Tony sighed, looking at Rafael. "Would you like to switch? I think I can calm her dow—"

"No, thank you." Rafael tightly held the crying baby in his arms, looking like he was going to rip Anthony's head off if he were to touch a single strand of hair from Isabella. "I can take care of her just fine."

Anthony raised a brow. The eldest was sure that he can take care of his sister alone just fine. After all, he was the eldest and he had been taking care of his brothers ever since they were  young. But, even before Anthony had stood up, Rafael was already racing towards Isabella's crib, and he hasn't let go of the baby ever since.

Before the man could open his mouth, Lucius laughed in this wrathful manner while he  glared menacingly at Rafael. "Wow, stop trying to prove something here and give Bella to Tony!"

"Yes, please?" Elois pleaded, sounding so kind and tired. It was as if Isabella's cries were draining his strength and life force and all he could do was plead for her sad wails to stop. "Tony can do just fine with—"

"But I can do better." Rafael said, cutting of Elois, which surprised him because no one, other than his family, has ever cut in on what he was about to say. Something inside Elois rumbled in annoyance for Rafael. He didn't like the disrespect. He didn't enjoy the tone and the attitude. He didn't like what the man said.

Elois glared at the Rafael.

"I can do better." Rafael repeated, bouncing Isabella in his arms, hoping for her to calm down. He didn't want her to tire herself out. She needs her nap. She already looked tired but she just couldn't stop. He rubbed her back, trying to soothe the crying baby, but he was obviously failing.