eight - the hoop

"Let the practice game between Seirin High and Kaijo High begin," The referee called out, letting everyone know to have the starting lineups out on the court

"Alright, let's go!" Hyuuga said, so the starting lineups stood in front of each other. Sasaki felt like yawning, but held himself back.

"Uh, we're about to get started, so Seirin please have your five line up," The ref said after a moment, not seeing the blue haired boy as usual.

"There's five of us," Kuroko spoke up, shocking the ref and the other players on the opposing team. The white haired male stifled a laugh, that never gets old.

"What the hell?"

"He's got no presence!"

"He's one of their starters?"

"He was right in front of me and I didn't even notice him," Their number eight muttered. "What about you, Kasamatsu?"

"Me neither," Their number four and captain answered.

"This is ridiculous," Kaijo's coach grumbled. "After all of their boasting, I thought they'd have some decent players."

"We'll see," Kise said from beside him, causing Takeuchi to look at him in confusion. "You might be right. They're not just decent."

Soon after, the ref stood in the center of the half court, holding the ball as everyone got into position for the tip off. Sasaki gave a thumbs up to Kagami, who was going to be jumping since he was the tallest out of everyone on their team. The redhead nodded back, a silent word that he would give him the ball.

However, that's not quite what went down. The whistle was blown and the basketball thrown into the air. Kaijo's player touched the ball first and shot it towards their captain. He started dribbling, his pointer finger raised like the usual point guard. "Alright, one. Let's keep it up."

That didn't last long, however, because Kuroko easily stole the ball. Having expected this, Sasaki was waiting and starting driving towards the hoop with everyone eating his dust.

Oi, get over to the hoop, Sasaki thought. How does an alleyoop sound right about now?

Just as Kasamatsu was about to catch up, Sasaki passed the ball behind him, almost straight up before spinning out of the way.

Grasping the ball, Kagami slammed it into the basket hard enough to break it. Sasaki was not expecting that, and neither was anyone else.

"Alright!" Kagami cheered before startling himself by looking at the hoop in his hand.

"Wow!"

"What? He destroyed the hoop!"

"You're kidding! I don't believe it!"

"That thing's dangerous," Sasaki whistled as he looked at the now hoopless board, "one of the bolts is rusted."

"Even so, that's not normal," Kaijo's captain said, making the other male shrug.