Special Chapter 04

Jungkook's POV

A husky groan escaped Jungkook's lips as he gained consciousness. He then kept his eyes closed, not wanting to wake up from his wonderful dream. Apparently, he was alive and that's because of his angel who saved him from bleeding to death. His fantasies are becoming more and more impossible, how desperate.

He then started feeling hot and realized he was still wearing his uniform - though unbuttoned - and a blanket was also covering him. His brows instantly furrowed, he always sleeps with only his boxers on, whyㅡ

His eyes finally opened as an assault of memories filled his head, which were apparently not only a part of his dream. His breathing started becoming deep as he looked around ㅡ it was still a bit dark outside, the sun hasn't risen up fully yet ㅡ but he could still see what's around him, and it is definitely not his room.

With his hand tightly gripping the back of the couch, he slowly sat up, biting his lower lip to stop himself from shouting in pain. He looked down his abdomen and saw a new bandage covering his wound with the additional bruises on his stomach.

Just wait for him to get better, he will haunt those fuckers and make them pay.

When the pain calmed down a bit, he finally raised his head to check something ㅡ someone. He found a widely opened door not that far from him, the view of a sleeping blonde girl could be clearly seen. His breath hitched as reality slapped him awake... it was damn real. She was there. She was real.

Ignoring the pain, he stood up and was about to go inside the room when a granola bar, two capsules of painkillers and a glass of water atop the center table stopped him. A smile tugged on his lips before he put the granola bar inside his pocket, took the meds and drank the water till the glass was empty.

He then continued on going inside the room, his heart pounding hard in his chest. Once he was finally standing beside the bed, he crouched down and sighed out.

"Lalisa," he whispered breathlessly as his shaking hand started to reach out, but he stopped the last second. He remembered his last state ㅡ sitting on a dirty pavement, bloody and full of dirt.

He snickered and looked down his hands, "I'll hold you once I'm clean." I'll hold you once I'm deserving, he added to himself. He then turned to her again, "you have put me in trouble doll."

After uttering those words, he stood up and brought his handkerchief out his suit's inside pocket. At least this one was left clean, he inspected. With the fabric on his left hand, he slid a silver ring out of his right pinky finger. He wiped it for a moment before covering his right hand with the handkerchief and used it to slide the ring onto the girl's right ring finger.

Perfect fit, he smiled.

His sight was then directed up the center of her collarbones where a pendant necklace laid. "You need a change of protector, doll. He's not that attentive in his job," he smirked and gazed at her face again. "Forgive me for being selfish," he silently muttered before turning and walking out of her room.

A hoodie caught his eyes once he's back in the living room, his car keys beside it. He immediately picked the items up and glanced around the apartment while buttoning up his shirt.

He'll be back here soon.

○○●●

Jungkook had been able to drive for a couple of minutes before he began to feel dizzy. "Shit," he hissed, driving towards the side of the road and parking there.

He remembered the drunkards taking his phone and wallet last night causing his fists to clench in annoyance. Son of a bitch.

He willed himself to calm down as he turned his car's GPS on before dialing the mansion's landline in his navigation screen. Thank God for modern technology.