Chapter 3

I woke up from the sound of the rain.

"Lady Theoder, are you okay there?"

I sighed. That was a stupid question. How am I okay when water is literally leaking on the walls. Well, at least he's a little kind to me.

"Sir guard. Can you put a lamp near me? Just please check my hair." I begged and walked near the gate so he could see me better. I walked as far as my chains could reach out.

The guard sighed and pointed the lamp to me.

"You have black hair." I wanted to cry out of frustration.

I guess dark violet is black for them. They probably only think of violet as the light violet color that the Wagners usually have.

"Can't you just contact Marquis Wagner and check if their daughter is missing?"

"I didn't even know that they have a daughter." I just sighed and walked to my bed. After days of begging, I'm slowly getting tired of it. At this point I might just live the prison life.

Life is not really that bad here. It just feels like I'm going crazy in this damp and dark cell with a chain on my leg. The only light that I saw for days was the light from the lamps that could be found outside and in the bathroom.

I haven't moved around or walked for days because of this chain and I want to break it using my hands out of frustration since my leg has been reddening because of my futile attempts to reach out to the gate as far as I could.

I rubbed my arms as I felt the cold air. I wanted to laugh at my outfit. I really look like a prisoner with this pants and long sleeved shirt in stripes.

I swear to God, I'll never read books again so I won't get transmigrated or reincarnated to a crappy book in my next life.

"Haa." I sighed as I stood up from my bed and moved it since the water from the rain is falling on the side of my bed that is near the wall.

"I'm going crazy." Should I request to have a desk here with papers and pen? I spent my days here eating, sleeping and trying to break free from this chain. I should at least relieve my boredom.

I really need to do something else for my sanity.

"Sir guard, can I request to have a desk here with papers and pen?"

The guard sighed with a pitiful look on his face. "All right." Thank the Gods for having a nice guard with me here.

I heard him walk away and a different guard stood up in front of the gate.

"Sir guard, are there any interesting news outside?"

I'm not really interested on the news outside. I just want to speak and talk to someone.

"I heard the crown prince offered an enga--"

I stood up from my bed when I heard a loud thud.

"Sir guard?" I walked near the gate and squinted my eyes. I gasped when I saw him laying in the ground unconscious. I unconsciously walked backwards when I saw a tall figure of a man standing.

What the hell? My heart was pounding hard and I felt a dangerous chill.

Who on their right mind would knock out a guard from a Marquis family and even infiltrate their underground prison?

"What? There really is a person here?"

I heard the sounds of the gate unlocking and I held my breath.

I closed my eyes as I felt the person walking near me.

"Lady... Wagner?"