Chapter 5

"Lady Theoder. You're not even looking at me anymore."

Daryl's hands held mine tighter. I turned back.

His black hair was flowing because of the wind and I could see his cold face clearly than before because of the moonlight.

"The lady here is not Lady Theoder." He walked in front of me and covered me with his back.

I want to applaud the main lead for his heroic acts.

"Let her go." I wanted to slap Evan's face. Who the hell are you to say that? Just please let us go in peace.

Daryl turned and looked at me. He smiled before he let go of my hand. He unsheathed his sword and I could see a cold smirk from Evan.

Daryl suddenly vanished and before I knew it they started fighting with their swords and I couldn't even follow them through my eyes. I saw the guards coming near me, probably to capture me again but for every person who came near me, they were knocked out by Daryl.

"Don't touch the lady." He said with a cold voice. It was even colder than Evan's.

"I see." Evan chuckled. "Daryl. Aren't you scared? You're only a commoner yet you dared to come and infiltrate our mansion." That's exactly what I was just thinking a moment ago.

He had a cold smirk as he held his sword in front.

"Aren't you more scared if news gets out that you kidnapped a noble?" I felt a chill from his voice. He only used a friendly tone to me so I was shocked that he could also sound like that.

Evan shrugged. "I'm a noble too. I can just cover it up. But how about you? How are you going to get out of this?"

Daryl didn't answer. He's probably worried. As the eldest brother, he had a lot of responsibilities to his younger siblings. He can't die or get captured or everyone's doomed.

"I suggest you go out of our mansion peacefully now and leave that lady. I'm not really fond of having battles in the middle of the night."

Daryl didn't answer. He's probably conflicted and don't know what to do.

"Do you really want me to repeat what I said?" I flinched because of his cold voice. Daryl stood still.

"Oh. So Lady Theoder is really important to you that she stands evenly with your family."

At this point, we don't really want to correct him anymore that I'm not Fiona.

I could see his hands trembling. He's probably shaken up because of his family, and because he is worried about me. He had a great sense of responsibility from the book.

"Daryl." I held his hand. "It's fine." He looked at me and I smiled faintly.

"It's fine. Just go back. And don't return here." Who knows what other things this low ranked villain can do.

"Can you just at least spread rumors about a noble lady being kidnapped?" It will be hard to directly report to my family or other nobles about me being kidnapped. But if commoners start to spread it among themselves it would also reach the ears of the nobles.

I could see his worried eyes reflecting my face. He looked so worried that I think he might even start to cry.

"It's really fine. I'm being treated here nicely." Well, after this, I'll probably not be treated nicely anymore.

I held his hand tighter. I feel like Evan is starting to lose his patience. I could see in the corner of my eye that he has a disgusted look and probably thinks of us having a lovers' farewell.

"My lady, I'll come back here again for you. I promise." You don't really need to do that. He kneeled in front of me and kissed my hand.

I wanted to cry and say 'take me with you'.

I could already see the cold face of Evan who's probably thinking of locking me up further as he sees me as a way to blackmail Daryl.

"Go." I smiled and patted his back.