Chapter 6

I looked down and tried to suppress my tears. Well, at least I felt the wind and saw the moon for a few minutes.

Evan walked towards my direction and grabbed my hand as he pulled me. I just wanted to collapse but I knew I need to see with my own eyes where he will bring me. This will certainly help me when I run away in the future.

"You're a really good pawn. It was interesting to see him get flustered like that." I could feel something blocking my chest and I felt weak. That chilly voice of his is getting creepier as time pass by.

For a low rated villain, he's so annoying. The best villains are only the ones allowed to say such things like pawns. I mean, this is only a crappy romance book, he's not even worthy of being crowned as a villain!

He's like... just a hindrance or something!

He stopped and looked back. I felt a cold glare.

"You're not even answering. I guess you're sad that your lover left you."

I swear to God once I leave here, I'll wreck this guy's life so much that he'll cry and beg on his knees.

We walked deeper underground and I could feel tears falling silently in my face. I can't let out any noise here. I definitely don't want this guy to see me crying. I want to protect my pride at the very least.

I tried to cover my face with my hair.

If I only knew that I'd be confused as Fiona. I would have went to a lot of tea parties just for everyone to remember my face.

We arrived at a room. From the darkness, I could already assume that it was deeper underground than before.

"I look forward on the things that he'd do because of you." I didn't dare to look on his face anymore as he put a cuff on my feet.

He left and I fell on the floor. I couldn't even cry anymore. I only felt relieved that he is gone. Such a disturbing existence.

***

I blinked when I heard rustling sounds.

"Just in time. Lady Theoder, here's your lunch."

Lunch already? Did I sleep too much?

Why am I on the bed? Did I even sleep on the bed yesterday? I think I passed out on the floor.

I removed the blanket and saw my feet cleaned and wrapped in bandages.

He's really a good guard. He probably lifted me to my bed and treated my feet.

"Thank you."

I slowly ate the bread. I feel worse here. I feel suffocated. Though it is dark, I think I can see some spots of dried blood.

After days of living in a dark room, I felt like I'd have a night vision soon.

"Haaa."

I need to properly think of everything now. I'm still treated nicely as they offer me the bathroom and other necessities but I really want to run away. I want to see the sun.

I'm sure this kidnapping event wasn't even mentioned in the book.

Wait. Perhaps it really happened? And it was just not talked about since the book is in the point of view of Fiona. She probably didn't knew of this event since she was not involved.

The villain is also a major character. Such a big kidnapping event where Daryl is also involved should have been mentioned.

There should have been rumors at the very least! If someone got kidnapped and saved, rumors would at least pop up and Fiona would have learned about it!

Does that mean… I will not be saved? Did he kill me to shut me up when he found out that I'm not Fiona? Was the event covered up? I'm a noble too, my family would have… well they probably don't care.

I need to calm down. I should have read the book properly! I can't even remember the details anymore.

Since it was not mentioned in Fiona's point of view. Does that mean I probably died or stayed in this prison for the rest of my life?

I felt goosebumps all over my body.