Chapter 8

A week has passed by since my first attempt to escape with Daryl.

"Hans, what are the news about nobles outside?"

"Hmmm. I heard that the Theoder still doesn't have a response on the engagement offered by the crown prince."

"Oh. Is it for Lady Fiona?" Hans nodded.

My cell is not too dark anymore. Out of pity, Hans put a lot of lamps in my room which helped on lighting up the darkness.

"I think the lord thinks that they didn't provide an answer yet since you're tied up here."

"How stupid. He'd learn that he kidnapped the wrong person once they give a response. I really want to smack his head once."

"That's like starting a war between two marquis houses." Hans laughed and said that it would be a great sight to see his master being smacked by me.

"What other news are there?"

"I heard that the lord lost again and had lower grades than a commoner. He also lost on the scores for the magic test."

"That's called karma." I laughed so hard and wanted to really mock Evan. He just really can't beat the power of male lead whatever he do.

I leaned on the back of my chair. I finally got a desk and had lots of paper. I don't know why there are a lot but these are probably bribes so I won't run away. Well, what's the use of bribes anyway?

I have trust that Daryl had already spread rumors about a missing noble lady but why is my family not doing anything? If they did something, then it probably reached Hans' ears and he would have reported it to me.

For the first time in my two lives, I felt helpless and pathetic. I can't even do anything.

I brought out a paper. I need to make a plan. I need to think of what could possibly happen and what I need to do.

First, I might stay here for the rest of my life. I might be forgotten or something so I need to prepare for my escape since he'll probably not notice.

Second, he might kill me to silence me.

I don't know what to do when that happens. I mean, I doubt reasoning could reach him at this point. He's a rational person but he never listened to me when I said he got the wrong person. Should I coax him? Befriend him?

Nope. I bet I could never be his friend. I can't even read his expressions! I always felt a chill when I look at his face and sweat always dripped on my back.

I grabbed my hair out of frustration. It looks like I don't have a good future anymore. It's very unlikely for him to let me go home but I'll still try to persuade him.

I am really desperate to bathe on sunlight and walk on the grass. I swear if I only had magic I already burned this metal that is shackled on me and I'll burn this whole mansion.

I should have requested Daryl to burn this mansion with his fire magic when he came here.

Well, I don't think I could really do it. There are innocent people here.

I'm technically innocent too but Evan doesn't really care.

I wish I also have a main character buff. For the first time in my two lives, I wished that I am an important character instead.

"This is that damned guy's fault." I crumpled the paper out of anger.

"Lady Ces, the lord is here."

I froze. Why is he suddenly here?