Chapter 20A

Third Person's POV

THEY SETTLE FOR the 10 minutes lock time and a mafia game with a twist. Since all of them need to play the game, Ryujin suggested a twist than the usual mafia game.

There will be 2 mafias, 1 police, 1 doctor, and the rest are the citizens. The two mafias don't know each other because they will pick a paper with what character they will be playing randomly. They all don't know each other's character, it should be a secret that shouldn't have any clue.

The mafia will wink to the people who they think are citizens. Their number one priority is to hurt the doctor so the doctor can't aid those citizens who got hurt. The only character they should avoid is the police.

The doctor can heal the citizens when they got hurt by a mafia. The doctor should be careful as he or she heals a citizen. Once the mafia hurt the doctor, no one can rescue him or her.

The police have the most important role. He or she can only arrest two people who he or she thinks are the mafias. Once he or she chooses the wrong person, the game will be over. The police and his or her chosen player will be the one who gets lock in the cabinet. But if he or she successfully captures the mafias, then the two mafias will be the ones who get lock in the cabinet for 10 minutes.

"Do you guys have a piece of paper and a ballpen?" Ryujin asked. She needs those materials for the game.

Kai raised his hand. "I saw some papers in the living room earlier. I'll get it."

Kai stood up and went towards the door. He opened it and left the room. They could hear his footsteps since the second floor has wood flooring. Yuna and Chaeryeong stood up after to look for a pen. Luckily, they found a pen somewhere inside the room. Not long enough, Kai returns to the room with the paper in his hand.

Kai gave Ryujin the paper he found. Ryujin wrote the roles they need: 2 mafias, 1 police, 1 doctor, and 6 citizens. Beomgyu helped with the folding part of the paper. He folded them fair and square.

Once they finish with the paper, Taehyun shakes them. He then threw the papers on the floor. Each of them took a paper of their choices.

"Exchange with me, Oppa," Ryujin whispered to Yeonjun. Yeonjun silently exchanged with his sister, not protesting or questioning why his sister wants to exchange.

"Secretly look at what role you got," Ryujin instructed.

They all follow the order. Ryujin and Yeonjun smirked when they saw the role they got. Kai, Lia, Chaeryeong, Soobin, and Taehyun just stayed silent. Yeji, Yuna, and Beomgyu look nervous about what they got.

"Let's start!"

Minutes passed but the mafias didn't proceed with their killings yet. The police got a hunch of who is one of the mafias because of how the mafia reacted earlier but the police still kept quiet and observe more. Kai is already laughing at the corner because of how quiet they are. One of the mafias took that opportunity to kill him and Yuna who is next to him. The two of them bring their hands together as if they are praying as a sign of being hurt by the mafia. The doctor tries to find the right timing when the doctor saw Chaeryeong's hand in a prayer position and immediately wink at her to save her.

At that time, one of the mafias saw how the doctor saved Chaeryeong. The mafia killed the doctor. 

"I was the doctor," Taehyun confessed.

It just means that the next citizens who'll get hurt by the mafias can't be saved.

The game became intense with the sudden death of the doctor. The recap of the game is that Kai, Yuna, and Taehyun are all dead right now since the doctor got hurt and no one can save him while Chaeryeong is still on the game as revealed that she is a citizen. Chaeryeong knows one of the mafias since one of them hurt her before. 

When Ryujin puts her hands together, the police got confused about one of the mafias he or she couldn't seem to figure out. The police had Beomgyu or Yeonjun in mind after finding out that Ryujin got killed.

The police stayed quiet to observe more. Soobin is beside the police and that concluded the police that the one he or she had a feeling from the start of the game is one of the mafias. 

Lia, the police, pointed each of her hands like a gun at the mafias she had in mind. "Yeonjun and Yeji, the two of you are under arrest."

All of them waited for the two accused to show the role they got. Yeji showed the paper where there is the "Mafia" that is written. Kai and Soobin flinched in fear when Yeonjun threw his paper. Yuna took the paper that flew right next to her.

Yuna read the word written in it, "Mafia."

While Yeonjun and Yeji are miserable for losing the game and the punishment, the rest of them shouted and celebrated their victory of winning.

Soobin stood up and went closer to the cabinet. He opened it as he teases the two mafias who got lost. Yeonjun and Yeji looked at each other and quietly made their way inside the cabinet without a protest.

Ryujin smirked before closing the door once the two settled inside. Yeonjun saw that and continually cursing at his sister because he should have been a citizen if his sister didn't want to exchange with him.

"Guess we'll be stuck here for the next 10 minutes of our lives." Yeonjun started, breaking the silence.

Yeji just smiled awkwardly.

They stayed quiet for a few minutes before Yeonjun once again broke the silence. "I'm sorry."

Yeji looked at him. Surprised by Yeonjun's apology but kept her cool outside even though her system was going crazy inside.

"For w-what?" Yeji stuttered.

"For leaving you."

Yeji didn't speak. Memories came back to her when she found out that Yeonjun had returned to Seoul without letting her know and how she found out from her brother the reason why Yeonjun left through a photo she saw.

"I've heard from Hyunjin that you saw our picture together.."

The picture he is talking about is a picture hugging his ex.

"Is that what you're sorry for?" Yeji tried sounding like it's fine even though she's not.

Her chest throbbed, even more, when Yeonjun touched her face and brought it closer to him.

"Her father died and I just comforted her. I tried searching for you after that and I didn't know you're just close."

The door opened breaking the moment of truth. Yeji then walks out still processing what Yeonjun said.