fifteen

15. All My Children

Hearing a knock on her door, Elena walked down the stairs and opened her door, to her shock, Elijah was standing on the other side.

"Elena" Elijah greeted.

"Elijah" Elena whispered shocked.

"I don't mean to intrude" Elijah said, "I was hoping you might accompany me, I wanna show you something".

***

Aria groaned hearing the doorbell ring continuously, she knew Caroline and Liz weren't home to answer the door, so against her will she had to get out of her comfy bed and answer the door.

"This better be important" A sleepy Aria said, rubbing her eyes and opening the front door without even looking to see who it was.

"Did I wake you?".

Aria looked up and saw Kol standing infront of her, "Kol? What are you doing here this early?".

"I was wondering if you would spend the day with me" Kol replied, confusing Aria, "We haven't gotten any time to catch up with each other, and I know you must have a million questions for me, so spending today with me will give me a chance to answer all your questions".

Aria gave Kol a small smile, "Do I have to get out of my pyjamas?".

Kol chuckled, "No you don't".

"Okay, come in, let me just grab my phone and we'll leave" Aria said, stepping aside to let Kol in.

"Take your time" Kol assured, stepping into the Forbes house.

***

"Forgot how much I missed this land" Elijah said, getting out of the car with Elena.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago" Elena said.

"You know your school was built over an Indian village" Elijah informed, "Where I saw my first werewolf, the town square was where the natives would gather to worship, matter of fact, near that there was a field, where wild horses used to graze".

"That's incredible" Elena said fascinated.

"Come" Elijah said, leading Elena to the huge rocks.

"Do you know this place too?" Elena asked.

"I do" Elijah replied, "Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy, connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area", Elijah kneeled down, "Nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon, my mother said there must be a balance".

"Elijah, I should probably go home" Elena said, starting to doubt Elijah's intentions.

"I know what you did Elena" Elijah said, standing up and facing a shocked Elena, "I know you have woken my mother up, that's the reason you didn't attend the ball my family hosted last night".

"I wasn't invited" Elena defended.

"Yet that didn't stop your boyfriend from coming, so I highly doubt it would have stopped you" Elijah said.