Consequences and Realisations || Chapter Eighteen

'On some nights like this, I just wanna text you, but for what?'•Nights like this ~ Kehlani•

•Nights like this ~ Kehlani•

Mornings against mornings you felt yourself thinking less and less about Eli. Less about the things you used to do together. Less about the time you used to spend. And you didn't really know whether you should feel happy or sad about such.

Leo had managed to take up all of the missing space for you to even realise. He was different to say the least. Well much more different than you where normally used to anyways. He was someone where he'd be the absolute sweetest boy when the two of you where alone but as soon as he was out around his friends, it was a completely different story. However, Leo had let you finally gather your things and helped you get over Eli. You knew he had his flaws, everyone did, but you saw a different side of him - a side that tried everything to get a smile back on your face. There wasn't a label between you both, no, but you where finally happy to have someone. You where grateful.

It had been a total of one whole month since you had moved back. One whole month without your mom. And one whole month without Eli. You had lost many things and many people that one could get upset and cry over but in another's eyes it only made you stronger. Miguel had been a good teacher for that. In fact, you had taught each other without even realising.

From waking up early to staying out late, you and his sensei Lawerence had gone through many things trying to get his legs back in moving motion. Even though you barely knew the man, you both made a pretty good team. Good enough, in that matter, for his legs to start working better again! It was a hard process, of course, you knew it would be, but with that hard work came results and with that, everything was somehow worth it.

But with all good things, bad things always seemed to follow not too far behind. Nothing could've made you and Eli become more distant. Conversations where a forgotten ghost town when it came to him. He didn't want to talk, nor even try to look at the girl he used to gaze at with every little attention he had. He knew about you and Leo but he just never knew something could make him feel as betrayed as that did so. He hadn't known what to do with himself other than take every aspect of his anger out on fighting. From late night punching bags to beating up till blood pour, it was the only thing that made him feel alive and from time to time, forget about those words you said to him.

"Maybe i did wish i liked Miguel that way because he would have treated me far better than you ever did! Now until you give me a proper reason as to all of this, I want you to leave me alone."

You had tried to make it better. You both noticed that. Like when you saw him, watching Miguel train for his new dojo and waved, but Hawk hadn't made a kind-like motion back instead sending a not so nice glare. He just didn't feel like trying anymore, one moment he felt you hated him and the next you where waving his way. Maybe he had came to the same conclusion as you had a few weeks prior. Who knew. And still with that happy layer of smiles and laughter you both wore there was still some unengaged sadness left sitting lonely underneath.