Pt 3 Chapter 14 - Tease and trouble

Y/n's POV

It was a Monday night and we were sitting around the table drinking. Well, Tony, Nat and I are more so than the others. We were quite drunk, mostly to wash down some of the feelings but also because we were bored. Natasha had begun performing our best impressions of each Avenger, earning a few judgemental looks from Steve and Rhodey. Pepper watched as she fiddled with her engagement ring. "I'm assuming we are all invited to the wedding?" I asked in my best Tony voice.

"Not if you keep talking like that!" Tony said back, dramatically rolling his eyes.

"Hang on, when is the wedding. You've never told us. Yanno with the whole world going tits up." Rhodey frowned at Pepper.

"Shit! We did forget, didn't we. Um it's... a month today. With everything that's happening I totally forgot to send out invites. Gosh I best do that tomorrow." Pepper said a little flustered.

"You boys best get your suits ordered." Tony smirked at the guys. They nodded, exchanging reluctant glances. "Girlies, nothing too slutty please. Nat I know you." He winked at my girlfriend.

"No sir. Nun mode activated." She laughed.

"Maybe we should just have a small gathering?" Pepper asked Tony. He lowered his sun glasses and looked at her.

"Brilliant ideal my love." He pointed a drunken finger at his fiance.

"When are you two putting a ring on it then?" Rhodey smirked at Nat.

"Oh, I don't know about that." Nat chuckled.

"You know us Rhodey. Going with the flow." I said, taking another drink from my glass. There was a beep indicating someone was at the front gate and it was our chinese food delivery. "Yay!" I squealed as I got up from my chair. "I'll fly and get it!" I smiled as I ran towards the balcony. I jumped off, using my powers to fly over to the gate, paying the man and then flying our big bag of food back. I unpacked it all on the table whilst Bruce fetched some plates. Everyone tucked in, filling their plate with food. Nat laughed as the contents of my spring roll fell out onto my plate which earned a groan from me. She was trying to pick up dumplings with her chopsticks but it was proving difficult so I used my powers and with a swish of my finger moved it into her mouth. She gave me the thumbs up to signal a thanks. Steve was quite enjoying it but mostly focused on the chips he had ordered, he was still not a massive fan of strong flavoured things. Boxes of rice and noodles were passed around until everything was practically licked clean. "I'll wash up." Bruce offered and I went to help him. He filled the sink and I used my powers to load the dishes into the sink. "Tony?" I called.

"Yes kid?" He called back. He lent back on his chair to look around Pepper. It lost balance on only two legs and fell backwards. Everyone burst out laughing, causing Nat to fall off of her own chair. I collapsed to the floor, tears coming down my face from laughing so hard. I tried to pull myself up, getting high enough to rest an elbow on the counter but then where I had splashed the water from the sink it was slippery. My elbow slipped off causing me to fall to the ground again. Bruce was in fits of laughter beside me. I looked over to see Nat in a heap on the floor, looking across at Tony. She had taken her bottle of drink with her so it was now spilled beside her. "Get up!" Pepper cackled to Tony as she tried to reach a hand out to help him. Steve helped to pick up Nat and put her back on her chair. I was still a giggling mess on the floor until Bruce gave me a hand up. We couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes, every time I made eye contact with Nat or Tony we all burst out in hysterics again. Bruce tried his best to wash the dishes but I kept leaning against him to keep my balance in my fits of laughter. "Please tell me this is what the wedding afterparty will be like." I said to Tony as I wobbled back over to the table.