Bonus Chapter 2

Lavender's PoV

"Hey Adalyn can you pass me the salt please?"
I looked to my left while still stirring the homemade tomato's sauce we were currently making.

She looked up from the dough she was moulding and nodded before reaching over to grab the salt shaker and handing it to.
"Thank you sweetheart."

She laughed and went back to evenly spreading out the dough on the side covered in flour.
"No problem Lavender."

We were both silent as we continued with our tasks and I took frequent looks over to her to make sure she was alright and didn't need any of my assistance and each time she seemed to be perfectly confident with what she was doing.

I had grown close to Adalyn over the past few months and even classified her as my own daughter now. Not only does she make my son the happiest he's ever been but she also treats everyone else with kindness and love.

I honestly also couldn't thank her enough for what she did for Jake all those months back. I'll always be grateful for that and will be sure to make sure she can always feel like she can depend and talk to me about anything in return.

Like a mother would daughter.

A soft smile crossed my lips and I brought the wooden spoon I was stirring the tomato sauce with up to my mouth to make sure it tasted perfect.

I turned to Adalyn to get her opinion on it but my heart leaped out of my chest seeing she now had Axel behind her who was helping her spread the dough out into multiple circle-like shapes.

He had his hands over hers as both of their palms spread it out over the flour.

I admired how comfortable and loving they were with each other and was thankful that what Adalyn had gone through hadn't torn them apart.

Actually it seemed to have brought them closer.

He moved his hands off hers and winded them around her waist before digging his head into her neck and swaying them side to side.

She laughed and tried pushing him off but he just chuckled not even caring that I was witnessing the clear sign of love he was showing the red-cheeked girl.
"Axie. Stop it. Axie."
I could practically hear the smile enlaced within her words and placed the spoon back in the pot before grabbing a cloth and whacking the back of Axel's head with it.

"Not in my kitchen boy. Hands off."
Axel turned to me and I raised an eyebrow at the irritated look he had on his face.
"You want me to lock your outside Axel because I will."

His face instantly contorted into a smile and I rolled my eyes walking over to wash my hands.
"Out now."

He groaned and did what I said. Like I expected, he wasn't the only one to have left: he dragged Adalyn out by her hand and she stumbled behind him.

A laugh left my mouth and she turned to me mouthing an "I'm sorry".

I flicked my hand in the air and smiled as they both disappeared around the corner to whatever shenanigans they were about to do.

I felt an arm drape over my shoulder and turned my head to the side seeing Carlos standing there leaning his back against the side and a glass in his hand.

He smiled down at me and I placed my hand and cheek on his chest.
"I'm glad everything's working out now Charlie. Axel and Adalyn deserve to be happy."

He used the arm over my shoulder to rub my back and then lifted my head up with his pinky that was lifted in the air as he held the cup in his hand.
"I'm glad too darling. More than you can imagine."