Chapter 6

* * *
Hilise's POV

(What an unpleasant dream.)

It was already morning when I opened my eyes. The sunlight was leaking through the curtain gaps.

The clock showed that it was already 6:45 am. I lay still for a moment and stared at the ceiling. Then I sat up.

Whether it was because I went to bed early last night, or because it had been a habit for a long time, I woke up on my own at this hour.

I remained seated on my bed and thought about what to do in the future. I need to stay in the Inoaden estate for some time to gain more strength.

Based on my experiences from my previous lives, staying here will let me achieve the second awakening faster.

Then it would be okay for me to do things I've never done in my past lives.

How long has it been since I last organized my thoughts like this? Suddenly, the sound of footsteps caught my ears.

Ah, I was lost in thoughts that I didn't realize it was already time for the maid to wake me up.

**BAM!

"M'lady, wake up!"

As expected, she opened the door and entered without my permission.

In addition to the cold morning breeze, the maid would come to wake me up every morning.

Naturally, for a servant, her actions were impudent.

As the old saying goes, people stretch their legs when they see a place to lie down.

I was a pushover who couldn't say a word to the servants ever since I was a child.

I stared at the maid who had not shown herself to me yesterday.

Acting like this even after what happened in the garden yesterday, and despite being a witness to how I acted towards my father last night, it seems that she wasn't intimidated at all.

Father did not recognize me as his successor, so the servants dismissed what they saw yesterday as an illusion.

My strange behavior in the dining room would not be enough to change the servants' behavior towards me either.

"Oh, you're already awake?"

The maid was surprised at the sight of me sitting on the bed.

In her eyes, I'm just an immature lady.

"I spend my time doing nothing each day, so I always wake up early without difficulties."

I murmured to myself. It was a normal thing for me to talk to myself, whether someone is listening or not.

**Rustle Rustle

She strode across the room, walking in front of me, to the window and roughly pulled the curtains apart.

The sunlight then poured into the room. However, it was impertinent of her to just walk in front of my face without greeting me.

Yet she did not seem to care at all.

While grumbling, the maid bounded the curtains and turned around.

Immediately after that, her body, which turned to face me, faltered momentarily.

It happened when she caught me staring at her, silently observing her behavior.

"...You."