Chapter 17

When she thought about it, Hilise wasn't a difficult Master for May.

In fact, May could say that her personality has been irrelevant from the past, and even after she suddenly changed to a different person, she has never been picky about things or harassing her with trivial matters.

However, these days, Hilise had an atmosphere that was difficult to reach, so she was never easy to deal with.

But with that said, when asked if May was ever threatened or scared since her first day, she didn't feel that way. As a result, May also did not feel as much discomfort as she thought from living alone with Hilise.

So, what's the big deal?

She was rather comfortable without having to do other chores in the mansion during isolation.

Though that doesn't mean that Hilise was attended by her maids for all her personal affairs like Gabrielle.

In the first place, Hilise was May's master, and she wouldn't call her until it was absolutely necessary. So, she was only doing a minimal part of her essential job. She spends free time without doing enough so the day seems long.

In addition, while she was stuck inside the wall and stayed on the fourth floor, she was allowed to use the rooms and bathrooms that were significantly more luxurious than the accommodations usually provided to employees.

Hilise was not particularly interested in May's life.

So, she picked one of the empty rooms and was able to sleep in a soft, warm bed that would melt her whole body every day.

She also took a bubble-filled bath that she couldn't normally dream of, filled with water in a large bathtub furnished in a gorgeous bathroom, and she also used expensive perfumes and oils.

During her free time, she entered a room that kept Gabrielle's new dresses and trinkets, and while she looked around, she had secretly worn them.

She was obviously careful not to leave any mark as Gabrielle would later fire her if she knew about it.

She had three meals a day, and the food that was brought in every meal was better than what she would have normally.

Though, there was a difference between the dishes prepared for Hilise and for May.

She was able to eat a better quality meal than before because the kitchen employees felt poorly for May and took care of her. In addition, the high-quality dishes and desserts that Hilise occasionally left out became May's share.

As a result, May's skin began to glow.

For some reason, this doesn't feel like detainment. She felt like she was on vacation.

'...Detainment life, is it worth it?'

She had lived a life that would be considered heaven for three days.

May, who was lying on top of her pillows stuffed feathers and enjoying the luxury, stood up. Her gaze turned to the clock on the side table.

Soon, it was time for dinner to be served.

May procrastinated a little more, but she woke up. As she opened the door and stepped out of her room, the quiet corridor greeted her.

Hilise was still quiet today.

Every time May observed, she was having a quiet day without any incidents.

Whenever May sees Hilise now, she is still very surprised.

Hilise, who used to be so timid and weak that she would always get out of Diego and Ricardo's sight and tremble from everything, has now changed this much. Perhaps because the power that was not of this world was embedded in her body, it might be natural for her personality to change a little.