Chapter 21

"The good news is from Ricardo?"

"Yes. You would know from that day because you saw it with your own eyes. I haven't officially announced it yet, but Ricardo has finally awakened."

Diego was lying, not telling Christian the truth.

Though his face and expression were boldly calm, even when lying.

Christian stared at Diego with an invisible smile.

"In particular, Hilise was curious about Ricardo's power, so she asked him to act as if it were hers in front of others."

Oh, such a story.

A knowing light passed through Christian's face.

"I think Gabrielle was too young, so she wanted to call her fiancé and surprise him."

This way, it would seem as if the person who used the power was Ricardo, not Hilise.

"So, Ricardo listened to his younger siblings' stupidity, but he said he made a mistake while using his power from a distance. So, that's why Gabrielle was so mean in front of you."

Christian listened to Diego's situational drama with both interest and humor.

"After you left, she was so heartbroken that she cried."

"Is that so."

Christian simply replied with an inscrutable face.

Diego looked at him and narrowed his eyes a little.

Even though his fiancée cried out of heartache, Christian didn't show any reaction.

"You know, Gabrielle is a little delicate. Though, it must have been terrible to be in such a hideous situation in front of her fiance so her heart would have been hurting."

However, that isn't what mattered now. Diego quickly erased the sharpness from his face and opened his mouth again.

"Gabrielle is so determined that she doesn't want to see your face until the embarrassment goes away. Since then, she has become so sensitive that no outsiders are allowed to enter the mansion. A child who always wanted to show only pretty things in front of her fiancé. I think she felt very awful, so even if you are disappointed, please understand."

In doing so, the reason why other people were banned from entering Inoaden until now was transformed into Gabrielle's sensitivity.

Christian raised his hand and slowly swept his chin, drawing a strange smile on his face.

Then, he said, looking directly at Diego sitting across from him.

"Is that Inoaden's answer to my request for breaking off the engagement?"

In an instant, Diego's face hardened.

Christian made a request for a visit to Inoaden, but when it was not accepted, he notified in writing of breaking off his engagement with Gabrielle.

As soon as Diego saw it, he tore it to pieces.

And he didn't even talk about it to Gabrielle at all.

It was because, in the first place, they did not want to accept the request to break off with Parvenon.

"I guess you misunderstood what you're talking about. The reason I asked for a breakup was not because I was disappointed with Gabrielle's appearance that I saw that day."

Christian looked at Diego as if he was sorry.

Diego felt the heat from inside and bit his teeth.